When did Kyle Rayner become Latino

And why is DC artist Jorge Molina so mad about it.

Attached: 8ADEFB92-3694-4B1C-96D1-0C52BFD9776D.jpg (1166x892, 173.78K)

Wow, a bag of tamales. What's next, a quiver of flechas?

Pretty sure he just became Latino since his prime and new earth wiki pages have no references to beanland.

Somehow I have the impression only white people and xicanos with the white beta mindset give a fuck about any of this. I'm wrong? If you live in mexico, do you give a fuck?

He’s always been Latino. And the problem is they took a cool cover and edited it to the lazier thing ever. Would’ve thought they’d be covered under parody art or something

>HEY! it's Hispanic heritage month! let's celebrate mexico!
why are youy fags so obsessed with mexicans?

The one on the left directly references a famous Mexican mural artist

Kyle was revealed to have a Mexican American CIA agent dad in Judd Winnicks run back in the early 2000s. This was mostly an obscure fact until like Rebirth where they start leaning into it despite his father abandoning the family early on.

The artist is upset because the cover was initially cancelled because of copyright issues; the original image holder didn’t clear it even though it should be a parody. So instead DC published an unfinished revision of it.

I mean, in fairness if he was explicitly stated to be Mexican then this would be fine.

Because Editorial's idea of representing Mexican culture is unironically that one meme shitting on Victor and Valentino.

Kyle's been Mexican-American for decades, user. You might know that if you read comics. I certainly did, and I haven't touched GL stuff since around the time the Hal daddyfaggots got their wish.

Yeah, but it's not like it's ever been actual part of his character, for all intents and purposes, he was a white guy until they revealed who his father was.

I'm really not interested in your made-up excuse to cry about politics.

Sorry we can't have actual culture represented in comic books.

>the original image holder didn’t clear it
Wait. What image is it a parody of?

It is notorious when King wrote him, praying in broken Spanish.

Ah. Found it.

Attached: Jorge González Camarena - Conaliteg sello México.png (276x230, 123.07K)

Because we're the best ones.

This is worse than the St Paddy's Day fiasco last year back when Kyle was still half Irish.

Attached: Kyle GL St Paddys 1661739387702925.jpg (511x780, 132.09K)

>shitpost art is a shamrock
>st paddy's day icon uses 4 leaf

They also have a Dominican flag one with The Question II on it. Wait. They have the homosexual character surrounded by fruit? Isn't that derogatory? What the fuck does fruit have to do with The Question / Renee?!

Attached: Renée Montoya, by DC Comics. For the Hispanic heritage month 2022.jpg (1242x1515, 351.42K)

And, because I guess Hispanics are only known for food, here is Hawkgirl working as a waitress at a taqueria. Half surprised they didn't make her a maid. They gave her an apron.

Attached: Multiversity-Teen-Justice-4-Hispanic-Heritage-Month-2022-Variant.jpg (1000x1517, 564.68K)

I'm pretty sure it's the shamrock.