Are homages okay when it's so blatant anyone can tell what it is based on or is it always "ripping off" and not okay...

Are homages okay when it's so blatant anyone can tell what it is based on or is it always "ripping off" and not okay under any circumstance?

Attached: file.png (490x680, 413.65K)

>Are homages okay when it's so blatant anyone can tell what it is based on
this is the only time it's ok, because no attrition to the source material is necessary. anything else is plagiarized unless it's a direct parody of the source material

This would have been cooler and funnier if he grabbed her in mid-air as he fell.

I don't get it, how'd he teleport under her

The literal point of a homage is that you CAN tell where it is from
This argument is fucking retarded

>Are homages okay when it's so blatant anyone can tell what it is based
I would argue that's the only time they are ok, if you are going to do a homage, people better fucking get the homage, it makes it look less scummy if I can tell what you were referencing at least.

Are you the kind of person that if I drew Superman doing a Kamehameha pose without references would accuse me of tracing?

It's not, if someone were to see this but be unfamiliar with Charlie The Brown and think it's a funny original joke it would be horrible and dishonest. Stuff like this should include a small note at the bottom or something.

Kind of like artists copy other artists for studies include "After____" with their signature. That way you pay homage and respect isntead of trying to sneak off shit as your own damaging the original artist.

Attached: DdfD.png (1555x1203, 3.56M)

Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown is such an iconic scene, though, that anyone doing an homage to it really doesn't need to point out that it's an homage.

We just had thread like this.

Homages are ok for little jokes or nods here or there, there's been a recent trend of actually major plot points or serious moments being nothing but homages though and those are shit.

People that complain about stuff being ripped off from something else and acting mad about it should be ripped off of this planet and thrown into the sun. Just shut up you stupid faggot, no one cares that you can see the reference and no one is hurt by it at all but you.

Attached: 1656279532517.jpg (1012x1024, 124.02K)

That reminds of Arrested Development had a couple of Charlie brown jokes. I guess you could call them homages to.

Attached: depressed-lonely.gif (220x145, 741.92K)

People that complain about tracing when there's obviously no tracing happening at all should be thrown into the sun too. There's only so many poses the human body can make you insufferable pedant.

>if someone were to see this but be unfamiliar with Charlie The Brown and think it's a funny original joke it would be horrible and dishonest
That sounds more like a personal issue than a real one

This. Come up with your own "big moments."

Like a reverse running bulldog? i dig i dig

are you telling me that ripping off ghibli, evangelion and akira forever isn't the epitome of kino?

so did he flip over her head backwards and suplex her? is that how it happened?

It is supposed to be a few seconds apart.
He takes a run and wants to kick the ball she was holding down, but then she pulls it out of the way, he misses and falls (like Lucy did to Charlie brown over and over again).
As thank you he german suplexes her, bitch deserved it.

RKO RKO

Attached: d8425f5f16e943c50307cd388216b59e_crop_north.jpg (800x533, 147.86K)

That was so fucking kino, i remember going to a party for a friends younger brother and they have a floaty housy, when all the kids were done me and him had the greatest wrestling match of all time.

You wouldn't happen to be a zoomer would you?

Attached: 1655600734388.jpg (1244x1741, 1.3M)