Every time I go back and read Watchmen I notice more shit...

Every time I go back and read Watchmen I notice more shit. Like I just realized Dan's hair is designed like the tufts of a horned owl

Attached: 23105F21-5AFA-4D50-918A-E01A4B6F163A.jpg (355x500, 56.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladiator_(novel)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's a fucking masterpiece, yes.

yea, every time i go back to my copy of watchmen I notice more shit on it too.

Attached: IMG_20220824_170414294.jpg (4160x3120, 3.11M)

More comics should do that, the average Marvel comic got no reread value.

Based. No room for grimderp edge in comics.

One thing I noticed is that Dan gets a new lock from Gordian Knot Lock Company
Rorschach breaks it despite Dan being told it was top of the line
This goes back to Ozymandias loving Alexander the great and him cutting the Gordian knot
This can be seen as maybe Rorschach is a modern day Alexzander the great by cutting straight to the point of things
Another could be that despite Dan trying to stop his problems with complex solutions, they'll just through into his life again

thank you gayfag. Your opinion is valid

>Hollis Mason has a copy of Gladiator on his bookshelf, a book which is said to have been the inspiration for Superman.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladiator_(novel)

Attached: Gladiator.png (677x531, 812.09K)

You think that was hidden? I mean one of the chapters has a quote by Nietze

>a fat man and a little boy appear in the origin story of the atomic superhero

Attached: Watchmen 4.png (667x528, 817.45K)

It was a detail I didn't get the first time reading, and when I went back and did a little research, it added a load to Mason's character for me. This one book on a shelf did that for me.

Attached: Rorschach's Spare Suit.jpg (697x511, 106.67K)

How much of these Easter Eggs are Moore or Gibbons?

Holy Kino

>Dan visits Byron Lewis on the behalf of Hollis, either out of the respect for his friend, or his continued yearning for the glory days.

Attached: W1.png (900x299, 209.96K)

>ozymandius-egyptian story
>owns Pyramid Industries the company Rorschach blamed for mask murders
>his password is Ramses
Fucking hell is he retarded?

One thing that Gibbons did without Alan knowing was making Adrian left-handed,
just like Comedian's assasin.

I think even the editors got to put some small details there and discuss minimal details with the authors.

more like super arrogant, I don't think he expected anybody else finding about his plans after he killed the Comedian; he even had a murder attempt staged against himself as an alibi; and he also didn't even consider that anybody that might find out about his plans on time had a minimum of egyptian knowledge

>a fat man and a little boy
Wait are they supposed to be the average comic readers?

Also does anyone know what the symbolism of the Rorschach/Nite Owl handshake scene is? Is it trying to say they aren't real friends?

>Doctor Manhattan's Symbol is diagram of the atomic structure of hydrogen, a third eye, and the doomsday clock at midnight.

Attached: 1200px-Dr_Manhattan_symbol.svg.png (1200x1250, 63.45K)

>Wait are they supposed to be the average comic readers?

user PLEASE take a brief crash course on world war II.

Kek, but if that’s a genuine question those are the names of the two atomic bombs America dropped on Japan

Attached: 0A22E3C6-7375-4413-83D0-B91158AF2901.jpg (4032x3024, 1.93M)

Well given Moore's well-known (and self-hating) contempt for fans, it seemed like a good guess.

exactly so he had all his bases covered and literally the only thing that could possibly connect him was discovered because Nite Owl goes "hmmm pharaohs die in pyramids and ozymandias is a pharaoh oh My Gosh! Walter guess what!"
Like even the Riddler is laughing at Adrian