Primal

Man, I am kinda getting bored with Primal. Season 1 and Season 2 feel so different. Animation is still top notch, but something feels missing.

Attached: primal s02e07.png (1920x816, 1.58M)

It's called autism. you obsess over something and lose interest and blame it on anything but yourself.

This season is much more character driven. The previous season was more of a monster of the week type deal. I must admit, this season seems to have a lot of animation inconsistencies. Major wounds will disappear mid battle. Characters also seem to make dumb decisions for the sake of driving the plot more often, which is a major pet peeve of mine. Still an extremely solid season. Nothing but nitpicks.

Even in the OP image the rock has a shadow that glistens across the sand and Grug looks clearly pasted over a BG due to coloring and no shadow, and the rock's shadow coming out from under him. I feel like there was more focus on those details in the past.

The episodic nature of season 1 worked considerably better both in format and in writing
At least season 2 isn't bad, there was a very possible risk that it was going to go the way of samurai jack season 5 and so far it hasn't

just remember this season is most likely the last we will see of these characters since Gendy wants to take an anthology approach with the show

It’s better than ever desu

Attached: 9DAA6423-8219-413B-90CD-914C7E6F799A.gif (600x338, 2.84M)

It's because it switched the Monster of the Week format, which is optimal for exploring a cool setting like Primal with all its monsters, for a plot-driven format, which doesn't work as well since their characters aren't especially compelling.
Basically all of S2 so far is just them fighting other humans. S1 was them switching everything up every episode.

Autism and nitpicking the thread

Okay, but have you considered that the show is not for you?? That it is for people like me who jerk off to lanky bald women?? Fuck you.

Genndy always flops as it goes on. As evidenced by one of the worst series finale to ever happen to a show in samurai Jack

it definitely feels slower than the first season but I wouldn't say I'm bored at all and that's saying something because these days I get bored so easily. I drop shows and videogames like it's nothing. Sometimes I'll just stop watching a movie halfway through because I get bored these days. Primal still has my attention for the moment.

It’s all about the type of humans you fight. They fought a Giga Nigga, Vikings on bears, War elephants and are gonna fight a fire man Kaiju

So the latest episode basically confirmed that the series isn't set in some prehistoric era but rather but that Spear and Fang just originated in a fantastical island that was isolated from the rest of humanity?

Attached: images (6).jpg (640x318, 19.07K)

I feel like that's been confirmed for a while now. Nearly every other hominid Spear encounters is more developed than he is

>worst series finale to ever happen to a show
I hate autists like you so much.

Wasn’t that always obvious? From what it seems T rexes like Fang are rare since we only saw Red and none of the Celtic tribe seem used to him like Spear would be used to dinosaurs

This was actually a really good episode if you understand what the creators are trying to do with the show. Spear is finally introduced to the concept of war. He's no longer fighting solely to protect himself or for food. Now, he's being forced to fight for conquest. This will obviously tie into his views on morality and his struggle between his primal and civilized side. It'll be interesting to see how his relationship with giganigga evolves as he now finds himself in the same situation. He'll obviously still harbor resentment as giganigga killed one of the babies Spear held so dear but I think part of Spear's journey to a more enlightened state will require him to develop more empathy. You see Spear and Fang start to relish the carnage of war towards the end of the episode. Letting their primitive instincts run free. The egyptian queen will probably force Spear to do something he finds morally wrong in the next episode. I wonder what it could be though. They've already done the killing kids thing in the viking episodes. Hopefully they don't just retread that ground again

>that gif
Motherfucker, apply yourself.

Attached: primal elephant gutting.webm (960x408, 2.67M)

>It’s better than ever desu
this

I dunno. I admire what Genndy is doing but I don't know if I can even blame fans. A huge selling point of the show is the gore and violence. Now genndy is out to prove you can create a show with tons of gore and also have it explore deeper ideas. There's a conflict at the show's core. The blatant violence will undoubtedly attract people who just want to see violence and these fans who make the show popular will grow tired as the show takes time to explore deeper themes. In that way Spear is an allegory for the show itself. Constantly trying to balance between his primal rage and more tranquil civilized state. A show like this will undeniably become more controversial as time goes on. It's trying to appeal to two generally distinct demographics. There's absolutely no way this show's ending doesn't send this board up in flames. People will be mad. Screencap this

this. primal theory is my favorite from S2 btw.