Do you think the fruit snack gang symbiotes were wasted potential, or merely symbiote overkill...

Do you think the fruit snack gang symbiotes were wasted potential, or merely symbiote overkill? Only Scream really went on to have any kind of character at all

Attached: lifefoundation.jpg (960x901, 208.66K)

Scream was the only one with much effort even put into her design, and they didn't even have names, they got names when toys were made of them. They were absolutely wasted potential, but intentionally so. The point of the story was that all the remaining offspring the Venom symbiote could give birth to were all extracted from it, and all killed in the same story, so there would just be Venom and Carnage. The idea was to prevent later writers from introducing more and more symbiotes, the way they do now. For a time during the development of Maximum Carnage, they had the idea of keeping the Carnage symbiote dead and have Kasady somehow acquire a man-made costume with the same powers, to make Venom the only symbiote on Earth.

In retrospect they should have kept these guys around and tried to develop them into proper characters, but nobody in the 90s could have known by the 2020s Marvel would be a free for all with Venom and Carnage having their own books and every writer introducing more new symbiotes.

You have to wonder how many brains that dog ate. Dogs can't eat chocolate.

he could have just gotten like chemical injections instead of taking it through food i guess.

>For a time during the development of Maximum Carnage, they had the idea of keeping the Carnage symbiote dead and have Kasady somehow acquire a man-made costume with the same powers
That sounds dumb

It's so contrived, that's probably why they gave up trying to make it work and just brought his symbiote back.

I think at one point he was painting himself red, it was a really fucking stupid time.

That's an entirely separate time when Marvel tried to kill the Carnage symbiote again in the late 90s.

What about the hybrid dog era after they all got slaughtered and it was wandering around on its own?

oh yeah then he's eating people

Is the brain hunger still a thing? It hasn’t been referenced in decades, Flash was fine just taking drugstore medication in Vegas, wasn’t he?

Honestly even adding Carnage is arguably overkill as it robs Venom of a uniqueness. On the other hand having Carnage as a “pure” form symbiote opposite Venom who is influenced by Spider powers does provide a good contrast. But everyone else is just a lesser copy on par with a fansona.

It was referenced in the Costa run, when Venom needed medicine from Alchemex or w/e

Oh, that’s cool. I figured it was long gone.

I honestly wish that Scream replaced Carnage as the other big Symbiote bad. She has a lot more character potential than Carnage. She also has a much more interesting design.

smythe

What happened to that family that the Hybrid gang took over during the Knull event? It seemed like the kid who resisted longest was teased as still having some of her will left and was planning something.

Captured by The Maker, then forgotten about. Same as most symbiote hosts, really, they tend to either disappear or die off-screen.

Still a thing, but the chocolate helps

Theres a lot of possibilities they could have gone with but it's fair to say they have been squandered

Attached: 1565316980917.jpg (1000x1518, 283.63K)

I think they should run a restaurant