God is evil and Heaven is corrupt

>God is evil and Heaven is corrupt

OW THE EDGE

Attached: 8dc8168e5cbad5d3d3c4a50e39b9ef6f-642118681.jpg (1280x720, 120.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UUI70jSKCZc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>>God is evil and Heaven is corrupt
Sauce? Because it just seems that Heaven cares about rules (as opposed to Hell where everything goes) and Deerie doesn't strike me as "evil", but rather as lawful neutral.

Attached: 1616022300766.jpg (1147x1353, 188.71K)

Uh...what's going on here

Attached: screencap_30237.jpg (1080x1080, 102.55K)

Attached: 1a53e051538d07dff1025a1fc3b8941e.png (798x725, 884.98K)

I mean... if you're a Luciferian, that's just true...
And no, "Lucifer" doesn't mean "Satan," "Satan" refers to multiple characters throughout the Bible, and basically no self-identified "Satanist" is actually a "Satanist," unless they worship either a torture-sacrifice god, or a "demands complete perfection before purging the world of degenerates (hint)" god.

Los Angeles Jews and Atheists are never going to get it into their heads that the reason we're tired of these "God is bad, Satan, Demons, Hell" cartoons is because they're BORING and OVERDONE. We've SEEN this shit already. We've seen it OVER and OVER and OVER. We saw it all the way back in the day with "God, the Devil, and Bob." It's fucking overdone and played out. This whole "but maybe Hell isn't so bad :(" shit has become fucking boring. This is why we fucking hated what Warren Ellis did to Castlevania, because it's BORING and PLAYED OUT.

At this point I'd like a legitimately played-straight take on supernatural Christian stuff. Give me Satan who's just a fucking evil asshole who hates humans and wants them to suffer for all eternity. Give me demons who are legitimately monstrous and wicked and cruel. Give me angels who are actually good and kind and true and just, and who actually love good and hate evil. Give me God who's not a secret asshole but actually is kind and good and beneficent.

Heck, give me Jesus Christ. Can cartoon makers even still do that, just play Jesus straight up? Is Hollywood even capable of that any more?

Attached: 1660881568041777.jpg (400x300, 19.23K)

I've always been kind of uneased at the "haha demons are le fun heaven is le boring and potentially evil" shit in Hazbin, but also this shit's been a development trainwreck for so many years I don't even need to worry about something that's not actually ever coming out.

Corruption would be making an exception to the rules just because you happen to know the rule breaker personally.

>God, the Devil, and Bob
>God is bad
The literal Hell did you watch?

No one else fucking cares.

I mean, Old Testament God had a pretty big bodycount. Did Satan/Lucifer or whatever canonically kill anyone? God killed people all the time.

I fear what big viv has in store for these little cuties, she's really dropped the ball with the writing the last few episodes.

Attached: Cherub-jane-gumball.jpg (1000x464, 80.77K)

You think Deerie was just happy that she didn't have to deal with Cletus needing his diaper changed in the break room?
>inb4
I'm kidding. Heaven doesn't have a break room.

they're probably ex's and she set him up for failure with lyle lipton.

Attached: 1630628781454.jpg (1080x1350, 96.41K)

Smiling Friends is the only cartoon I've seen in recent times where hell is an actual awful place to be and God saves Charlie in the end and gives him a second chance.
youtube.com/watch?v=UUI70jSKCZc

>did to Castlevania
never watched the show but the games had stuff like evil angel enemies since SotN
>At this point I'd like a legitimately played-straight take on supernatural Christian stuff. Give me Satan who's just a fucking evil asshole who hates humans and wants them to suffer for all eternity. Give me demons who are legitimately monstrous and wicked and cruel. Give me angels who are actually good and kind and true and just, and who actually love good and hate evil. Give me God who's not a secret asshole but actually is kind and good and beneficent.
you're basically asking for a sanitized sunday school version since it doesn't exist elsewhere, even in the actual Bible

What that user is asking can be seen as a legitimate subversion of the usual depictions.

You're right but you're saying this on the wrong board. These are people who actively choose to watch modern children's/arrested development adults' cartoons

I agree with you that there's way too much fedora shit but honestly I don't even think "angels are the good guys just slaughtering demons" is the best way to do it. Yes that's "correct" if you go by the narrative and more conventional representations like Paradise Lost, but at the same time divine/demonic beings seem so beyond our comprehension that it's impossible to even fully imagine what "conflict" between them would look like. Any contact between a human and an immaterial divine being would have to be more unlike any contact between any two material beings to ever exist.

> it doesn't exist elsewhere, even in the actual Bible
God not matching your redditor sensibilities does not make Him evil.

Except there's nothing subversive about it, it would just be a straight-up Christian cartoon. Unless you're talking about a post-ironic "subversion of the now-ubiquitous subversion," which... might be interesting, if you have the right idea for it. God can be the shining beacon of perfection, Satan the ultimate degenerate, while Jesus is the "god in a human body," battling between the dark and the light to save humanity from being frozen or burned.
That's one idea, anyway...

Yeah, you might as well crack open a Bible and get to reading if you want an honest interpretation of Christianity. Because I don't think there are many liberals in animation who are going to go through that much trouble to be honest and consistent with a religion they don't care for because that's not fun.

There's contact between men and angels all throughout the lives of Saints (you'll want to exclude post-schism western stuff, Paradise Lost being fiction). My favorite Western fictional depiction of an angel interacting with a demon has to be in C.S. Lewis' The Great Divorce, though. With the red lizard