She was fucking insane and awful, but was it realistic?

She was fucking insane and awful, but was it realistic?

on some level, I don't care

Attached: mingleerighthere.png (633x721, 711.62K)

all the asian ladies on the internet were saying that she was just an average asian mom and white people are racist for thinking she was abusive

If it weren't for the fact she was a 150 foot monster, her behavior would have resulted in her being arrested on numerous counts of destruction of property and assault.

Ming was just being overprotective both due to the unresolved trauma from her troubled relationship with her own mother and because she felt her only child was falling out of her grasp. She had good intentions and was doing what she believed was best.

I wouldn't say Ming was insane or awful, but she was hot as fuck, I can tell you that much.

Attached: dsl.jpg (1197x1037, 118.05K)

read the book about tiger moms

Attached: 1660769661357457.jpg (500x468, 39.05K)

If Pixar can keep giving us hot moms, I'll be there for every new film.

Attached: Millie Tuskmon.jpg (832x1695, 158.98K)

she's so CUTE

Abuela was worse.

And some Asian men thought it was a stereotype and one even thought the movie was kind of dangerous for it.

Well it was pretty messed up to humiliate Mei, even if she didn't mean to.

definitely have heard about Amy Chua

and Amy Tan's Joy Luck Club

But some Asian woman on the New Yorker, even though her article was stupid overall did say that "are Asian mothers overbearing in this way?"

Abuela had fewer redeeming qualities yeah.

I wouldn't say either Abuela or Ming are like... villains but they make very bad choices.

Attached: whatdidamychuathink.png (870x529, 585.47K)

Yeah, I mean, they both care about their families, they're just humans who made mistakes. Ming at least has trying to be sensitive about thinking she's on the rag on her side.

Exactly. She didn't mean to. Ming always had the best intentions, but that sometimes led to her overstepping her bounds.

Attached: (YOU).png (1920x1080, 2.08M)

It wasn't realistic, no. Even the tiger-est of asian tiger moms are not that bad.

>slide thread
>on Any Forums
you need to stop browsing Any Forums user

Attached: totally not cropped boob snek.png (418x266, 113.4K)

I'd like for her to overstep on MY bounds

Attached: ming feet.png (361x728, 656.42K)

Turning Red is such a charming movie, and Ming Lee is ridiculously attractive. Both forms.

Attached: aselekek.jpg (1024x1280, 119.6K)

I hear that

Attached: luca moms.png (1920x1620, 3.25M)

Most Asian women are mature enough to realize that after a certain point, the more you try to control kids, the more they act out.

Tiger parents basically demand good academic performance from their kids in exchange for expensive toys and privileges

>I wouldn't say either Abuela or Ming are like... villains

People on Any Forums literally have the media literacy skills of a five year old and conflate being antagonistic in some capacity as "oh so they're the villians of the story and it's stupid because they're BASED/and it's stupid because they're not shot at the end".

I hope Disney knows better than to try and force massive ongoing franchises out of their chiller, more lowkey films like Luca or Turning Red. A spin-off short is honestly enough. I could mayyybe see Turning Red having potential for a TV series later down the line, but I still say we're just fine with the film alone.

Attached: Ciao Alberto.jpg (1086x1608, 1.28M)