Why is the boys comic hated so much besides “it’s too edgy”? I get that it’s edgy but isn’t that what makes it fun?

Why is the boys comic hated so much besides “it’s too edgy”? I get that it’s edgy but isn’t that what makes it fun?

Attached: 4DCC8DD7-05DF-49F4-8171-A5C561CA1AC4.jpg (1174x1800, 173.85K)

It's a superhero comic written by someone who hates superheroes. I wonder why people who like superheroes hate it.

The writing is painfully dull. So having an out of nowhere edgy moment momentarily wakes the reader up so it's the only thing you can remember.

Because Any Forums literally has no sense of humor.

It became "hated" once the tv show came and reddit saw it.

/thread

Yeah it definitely seems like that’s what happened

If I wanted super edgy deconstruction of super heroes I'd rather read Brat Pack.

Maybe it is edgy to the point where it becomes less fun and more annoying, like when the writer clearly tries way to hard to "shock" you. Because that's the case with a lot Ennis's work. You can still enjoy it, there's a lot of entertainment in it, it just it would have been better if he toned it down a bit.
My biggest gripe with this is dialog, by far. People in this talk weird, i dunno how to put it or maybe it's just a british thing.

Its punisher good superheroes bad with Ennis' really bad dialog.
It peak at issue 1 for me when the MC and the secretary started randomly hatefucking eachother, it never reached that level of entertainment.

fans were obnoxious especially the tv show ones, they like to pretend le edgy and gory meaning its for mature audience but instead its just another crossed shit where its edgy for the sake of edginess

"looks guys our tv show it has fword and human instentine laying around so mature amirite unlike those dcuck marlel fans hehehhe"

thats summary of the boys fans

It's cartoonishly edgy to the point were you can't help but see the constant nonsense as things that aren't actually happening in the world and more the writer's attempt at trying to shock you.

None of it has true weight and humanity, so it just seems like schlock. Seems that he just has a fetish or some shit.

Homelander telling Ashley to take off her wig or asking Hughie if Starlight is a good fuck is like 10x as shocking and hateable as anything in the comic honestly. And that's because that's shit you can imagine a real asshole doin in real life, and not some psycho who eats baby genitals or whatever.

we hate Any Forums and live action but we love comicbooks

The comic isn't very good. Its obvious that Ennis hadn't figured out the setting until about twenty issues in, it tries to be a commentary about so many things (the comic industry, Hollywood, the MIC, PMCs, Bush 2 and post 9/11 America, masculinity, corporate culture, etc.) that it frequently loses focus and muddles its takes, VA as an antagonistic force never gels because they're presented as cartoonishly incompetent to a fault except when plot demands them not to be, a lot of elements don't make sense if you think about them logically (VA is a massive corporation that has never produced a successful product, the superheroes are famous and beloved despite never doing anything except a lot of drugs and sexual assaults, the US government controls the only source of superpowers in the setting and all they do with it is give a couple people super strength), most of the characters are underdeveloped, and it is full of Ennis' writing weaknesses like trying to have it both ways with the military or softballing when it comes to women. You could probably cut 20 issues worth of material from the series and not lose anything important. The G-Men arc is the entire series in microcosm, and it wraps up halfway through the run.

Once you get past the initial adjustment you realize it's a meandering tale with the edge as padding

nothing in the comic was shocking unless you’re a typical Twitter or Reddit fanatic, in which case, you would be horrified. My only gripe with it is that they set up the Not Justice League to be the ultimate antagonists, but we don’t know shit about them other than Homelander and Noir (at the very end). They were completed wasted
>gripe is dialog
it’s been a while so idr the exact word, but the bald newcomer says a word in his Scottish “accent” that makes it indecipherable for me.

Because it filtered the fuck out of people with room level iq's who thought it was too edgy or Ennis hated superhero's, their point is always something gay like "Oh but the show critiques capitalism, the comic just spitefully hates hero's."
No, the reason it spitefully hates superhero's is because superhero's are balls deep in capitalism, somehow every single reviewer simply refuses to acknowledge this.
To Ennis, superhero's are corporate controlled symbols, they're the embodiment in publishing of total corporate control from higher ups who abuse artists and writers, give them zero creative or intellectual rights, and heavily limits creativity.
For instance the Japanese get creator rights even when they shouldn't, Act Age ended because the author got arrested and could not be continued by anyone else because he was still alive, a average fight in manga gets 2-8 chapters dedicated to it alone, an entire arc in comics gets 5 issues because writers are swapped out so commonly that they're forced to. As an artist I'd sooner starve to death in the street before I accept a job at Marvel or DC.
It's not that Garth hates superhero's for being bad, it is that superhero's are just that, bad product, mismanaged, and not allowed to be good.
God forbid you say this though in an age where women are busy schlicking in the theaters to Chris Evans, and Chris Hemsworth, and Tom Holland, while male eunuchs cry out in joy as the bland Avengers theme plays when 3 different women of color super hero pose in front of Kang or whoever the MCU replaces Thanos with. You'll be called a contrarian, called pretentious, called someone who is just angry, as if anger is bad now. The same way people will defend the mediocrity of their favorite pop musicians, of A24, of whatever dogshit video game that is antithetical to the basics of game design they're playing that day, or if you dare to strike at the great Satan of television and point out the Sopranos isn't as good as everyone says either.

Attached: 1470692490751.jpg (1988x3056, 1.38M)

Anticorporate leftist race swapping GARbage REEEEEEEEEEEEEEVS SAVE US

>shonenfag bleating about how superior Japan is while complaining about capes and capitalism
Ok retard.

>Giving people creators rights le bad
Hello Moshe.

>and point out the Sopranos isn't as good as everyone says either.
You had me until this point, faggot. Go shit in your hat.

>he doesn't know that The Boys was originally published by DC, who gave the rights to Ennis and Robertson so they could continue producing it
Most comic writers who are pissed at their publishers or stifled by the cape genre either go indie or switch to prose. Ennis just keeps writing superheroes and whining about it. It's like a horror writer complaining that he has to write scary stories.