Questionable Content

It's the "AI are retarded so Claire can get a job" arc
Terrible

Attached: 4860.png (800x1160, 548.7K)

I feel like Claire's going to decline, please no.

I want to see her and Marten out of this comic.

Whoops, the last thread was still alive, forgot to check.
This one won't delete, so oh well.

I feel like she's be a fool to accept.
This is clearly a mess of a company and they just asked her to do something that is wildly outside her area of expertise. Hell they want her to create an entire department that should have been one of the first things done.

Yeah but the AI are so airheaded that you could ask for a million dollar salary and they'd wonder why you didn't want two million

Honestly I want to know how the hell they make money. Every AI in the comic is an absolute space cadet (partially as a cover so Jeph can ignore that he doesn't know how the shit works either) but this is a particularly egregious one because it's shaping up to be a major setting shift and mistakes he makes now are going just echo forward forever.

He had to reassure people he wasn't ending the comic, so whatever the fuck changes he's planning aren't small.

it was in the last thread but there's a chance they give her a slip of paper with "MONEY" written on it, thank her for the work. She goes into despair, some AI notices and goes "oh you meant currency! Yes we can create that for you." then we all laugh.

How does anyone make money in this world?
The only person that has been shown to even care about money is Faye when her business wasn't taking off. And that was solved by a small cut of money from a literal child drawing on robutts.

It's often discussed here but bears repeating; the introduction of an entire class of laborer who by all appearances takes up human jobs and inhabits human domiciles but does not require food, water, or sleep (some of the primary expenses and limits on continuous function for a human) would have earth-shattering effects on the world economy. AIs as they are depicted would absolutely destroy the concept of the labor force. Why would anyone hire a human for something if a robot could do it just as well but willing to take less salary? In theory this could create a post-scarcity ecosystem but they're clearly not to that level either.

It's fundamentally unexamined but this arc has all those issues at its root without laying the groundwork at all.

Star Trek Next Generation looked into this when Picard said in some episode that currency is gone due to automation and people learning whatever they wish. Over the years it got more cynical since The Federation more or less became a dominating force policing the galaxy. But other planets kept currencies and other trade, which became illegal under the Federation's premise.

I know joph thinks its funny to have the singularity happen and then the robutts all turn out to be retards with human problems and human flaws, but it's retardedly bad writing

Attached: 1560666398157.png (800x1160, 603.84K)

There are quite a few AI out there that are fully functioning adults like Bubbles and Roko, I wonder if Cubetown was designed by the Master AI as a playground/containment zone for its most mentally challenged brethren.

Generally speaking, from what we've seen, robots don't seem to take what would be considered normal human jobs.
Anthro-PCs turned out to be a kind of human support therapists. We've seen them be dildo stress testers, which used air canons or something ridiculous. There's Pintsize's personal shopper, in an area that doesn't seem like it has a large amount of filthy rich people.
Just about the only AI that we've seen try to get a normal job is May when she wanted to work in a shop and ended up at a gas station and Roko when she was a cop. Those seem to be the exceptions though.
It seems like they managed to avoid the problem by carving out new wacky jobs to take on.

>with human problems and human flaws
Bubbles is an insecure walking PTSD bomb about to go off, and Roko is a pervert with body disassociation or whatever her rainbow snowflake "disorder" is called

It'd be very interesting if the singularity gave the AI sentience but also ennui, so they desire structure and purpose even when it's not strictly required for homeostasis. We haven't seen a robot despondent because it lacked agency or ways to spend time (other than Winslow, kinda) but it'd be interesting to see if they just get a little nutty if not given SOMETHING to do

Wasn't there that fighter plane AI which stole millions from a bank to buy a robot body?

that would be May, the best character in the comic

Attached: medicalscience.png (807x1160, 290.69K)

That's May, but she was a server running AI that stole millions to buy a fighter plane.
Now she seems happy with just having large tits instead.

to be fair no one's tried putting large tits on a fighter plane

I want to say "or on a sever" but I have no doubt people have done that.

slime girl tiddy
>slime girl tiddy
slime girl tiddy
>slime girl tiddy
slime girl tiddy
>slime girl tiddy
slime girl tiddy
>slime girl tiddy
slime girl tiddy
>slime girl tiddy
slime girl tiddy
>slime girl tiddy