How come nobody ever talks about NBC's Saturday Morning block from the Early 2000s?

How come nobody ever talks about NBC's Saturday Morning block from the Early 2000s?

Attached: 1610420859750.jpg (960x1440, 203.17K)

Damn that's a throwback.

All I remember is this, Tutenstein, and Time Warp Trio.

i named my turtle after that shark, said turtle is still alive since they live like 150 years

Sharkdog is ripoff.

Didn't even know they had one

It was my access to Discovery Kids shows since I didn't get it, I only had basic cable.

Yeah they did

They only had three Cartoons on it, Kenny the Shark, Tutenstein, and Time Warp Trio. All the rest were Any Forums stuff like Trading Spaces: Boys vs. Girls, Endurance, and Strange Days at Blake Holsey High, just to name a few

i remember kenny cause i didnt have cable, E/I and FCC guidelines are what pushed everyone who wanted to make stuff to cable and the big channels like NBC and CBS found it cheaper to just put paid programming there so yeah there's your answer

I just watched Discovery Kids the channel itself when I was in the rare mood to watch one of those mediocre cartoons. If you’ll excuse the fat food analogy the Discovery Kids on NBC block was like choosing to eat at a Pizza Hut express at Target instead of just going to a full Pizza Hut. I never watched the Hub outside of ponies but it seems like they had a much more solid lineup of animation for a few years immediately after the rebrand to the Hub which I would’ve watched more had I not discovered the full wonders of the internet by then.

Attached: DiscoveryKidsonNBClogo.jpg (320x310, 16.77K)

Out of the three NBC Cartoons, Tutenstein was the best, followed by Time Warp Trio, followed by Kenny the Shark

Most of Any Forums is full of zoomers and people who didn't need to wake up early in the morning to watch cartoons

This was a pointless block since Discovery Kids already existed with all the cartoons on that block and more. You’d have to be a stupid kid to wake up early to watch it.

If your parents couldn't afford digital cable (Which was what Discovery Kids was part of), then the NBC block was all you could see for Discovery Kids. It was a necessary block. Also, the NBC block started at 10AM, which isn't that late

Isn't that early I mean

Is anyone even awake right now?

I am, but I woke up at midnight after crashing after work for a few hours
Was Growing up Creepy part of this? I know it was on the Discovery Kids channel alongside the other shows, but dunno about this block.
Super nostalgic for Trading Spaces:Boys vs Girls, because my parents were divorced I had younger bros half a decade or more younger than me at my Dad's but I'd have to share a room when I came to visit every few weeks, meaning we'd have to share a TV. They'd let them have the TV on all night, but no remote (they didn't want them to change the channel in the middle of the night, and the satellite box could only change with a remote), so they'd just put on Discovery Kids. I'm a bit of a night-owl, and later at night, Trading Spaces was one show they usually had constant marathons on after like 10pm until the morning block.
The only thing I recall from the Time Warp Trio was the episode where their granddaughters go back in time to save Amelia Earhart, one of them gets stuck in the past, and somehow Amelia time-travels from after after that point to help save the time-traveler who tried to save her in the past's past, but it's never explained how and we're outright told "This doesn't make sense, let's just accept it happened and never talk about it again." and it always bothered me

Growing Up Creepie never aired on the NBC block. Oddly enough, it came out the week after the NBC block's final broadcast

I know they had Tutenstein and Kenny the Shark cups at Applebee's back then

Hell yeah Tutenstein

Attached: De-veghe-in-sarcofag.jpg (532x374, 50.22K)

My parents had cable so I stopped watching educational stuff by age 6
I was aware the Discovery Kids shows existed but actively avoided them
I unironically might watch some of this now for cute and funny hapa though