So who's gonna get what

Attached: sketch1661224767720.png (2220x1080, 474.13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QuPfCuga5NE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wait, that music...Could it be? It is!

Attached: tencent-logo-810x476.png (810x476, 142.45K)

Attached: Netflix.jpg (800x800, 79.51K)

Worst case scenario desu

it's a plausible scenario

worst case scenario is Disney, because they already own so much and the consolidation really is more harmful than Tencent owning one or two IP. Tencent would still be really bad though

Honestly how bad could it be?

Disney will buy Looney Tunes. They want to be the only name in animation and controlling 90% of its American Golden Age will do that.

Amazon will buy DC.

Microsoft will buy Midway.

Universal will buy Scooby, Tom and Jerry, and Hanna Barbera.

Everything else will be divvied between Paramount, Sony, and Netflix.

Tencent aquisitions are bad because they want to be like Disney and own everything, and are willing to use hostile takeover tactics to do it. Also at any moment either China or the US can decide they dont like the company anymore and fuck it over and I really dont know what will happen to the IPs then

youtube.com/watch?v=QuPfCuga5NE
Netflix is in as big a shitter as Max so I dont think this is true anymore

You explained nothing

They do greenlight everything. They just don't renew it.

A month ago I wouldn't even think in the dismantlement of Warner Bros but now...

I can see Netflix bidding for adult swim but I'm not sure current year Disney is allowed to bid anything, even for something like the looney tunes, they have their own IPs going to public domain in the next decades in the other hand Universal could exploit'em more properly I think.

Let's see looking at the WB Company units instead of just the brands which is silly to think about.

WB Pictures Group:
Warner Bros. Pictures
New Line Cinema
Castle Rock Entertainment
DC Films
Warner Animation Group
Spyglass Media Group (Minority Stake)
Flagship Entertainment group (49%)

Television Group
Warner Bros. Tv Studios which is subdivided into:
Alloy Entertainment
Telepictures: subdivided to A Very Good Productions
Cartoon Network Studios
Warner Bros. Animation
Williams Street

Warner Horizons unscripted media
WBTVS internation and Formats: subdivided
Hanna Barbera international studios Europe
CN LA Original Productions

Entertainment Group
Warner Bros. Digital Networks
Warner Bros. Theater Ventures
Turner Media
WaterTower Music
Fandango Media (30%)

I can see Disney buying Williams Street since that's the only worthwhile section of the company
Venture Bros, ATHF, Metalocalypse, Samurai Jack, Primal, Superjail, Robot chicken etc.
Put what they don't want on D+ on Hulu and call it a day.

>Netflix is in as big a shitter as Max
Max wasn't in the shitter Zaslav just dislikes it for some reason. It was growing faster than projections and expectations.

>Universal will buy Scooby, Tom and Jerry, and Hanna Barbera.
Nah Disney will grab this too. Disney would never pass on the chance to own Scooby fucking Doo.

Aren't they thinking of replacing it with a new service entirely?

Disney would probably buy up Warner Bros. Games.
It would end up with Disney distributing all the LEGO games, while clearing up the rights issues between the No One Lives Forever games, which are divided between Disney, WB and Activision.
I also hope Disney would greenlight a new Blood game.

>Communist Chinks owning media.
>anything but a bad thing.

Attached: Burns.png (369x491, 221.71K)

When it comes to Disney, why would they buy anything? We're talking about a company that is all about taking from the public domain. As soon as famous characters like Bugs Bunny, Superman, Batman and the like are old enough to be public domain you know Disney will grab them and do their own adaptations of them. Disney as a company also doesn't respect trademark law either. So whenever Disney does this bullshit with old characters under the excuse of public domain? I hope their competitors return the favor and strike back by taking from Disney's very own old characters like Mickey Mouse, Donald, and Snow White.

>A month ago I wouldn't even think in the dismantlement of Warner Bros but now...

What exactly went wrong with Warner? Their Batman movies alone make multiple billions. How can Warner be in any kind of discomfort as a company?