Young Justice

What went wrong?

Attached: young-justice-season-1-1661104414442.jpg (1200x628, 65.53K)

pros:
>cool character designs
cons:
>gay and cringe

The first timeskip

This show is at it's worse when they focus on a single character for too long. Miss Martian, Blue Beetle, Impulse, Geo-Force, Halo and Beast Boy should've been signs to not go through with the season 4 character arcs.

Attached: 1660803376567724.png (814x707, 56.34K)

didnt sell enough toys

Not enough hot lesbian fanfics.

Attached: CartoonFFN.png (1920x938, 269.41K)

Twitter, unironically

this
it completely derailed the show and added tons of unnecessary drama that the show just got rid.

The first cancelation and the long wait between seasons.
Between season 2 and 3:
>the woke parasite infected every type of media in America. LGBT pandering became a popular way to make your show stand out, popularized by Korra.
>adult animation with gore and sex became popular.
>serialized storytelling became the norm in western tv shows, mostly influenced by the binge watching popularized by streaming networks.
>creators were allowed to do what they want without CN executives interfering.

The roster being huge and mostly full of people with no screen time, not even a storyline of how they joined they just go "Oh we timeskipped and these are the 7 newest memebrs!"

>serialized storytelling became the norm in western tv shows
I'm sorry what. I wish I lived in your universe

For me, I just felt like the cast bloated out of control and but also kept focusing on characters I didn't find as interesting. At least S4 sort of fixed that by focusing back on the main cast of S1, but then there were a lot of episodes that didn't go anywhere.

I don't think a single post could even begin to encapsulate every issue this show had, so I'll just say it's somewhere of a mix between:
And also Weissman being a complete retard in how he's unable to end a season without some type of cliffhanger.

This is a shame, like a real damn shame. A single coherent narrative with an established consistent timeline, good art style, lasting character development and status quo changes is the dream for not only a cape show, but any western animation. Yet it had to be under a show runner who dragged it out with endless moping soap opera drama bullshit that never advances the plot.

Shows no longer have self-contained one episode stories. Nowadays every episode starts exactly after were the last one ended.
It's better suited to the binge format, while the "22 episodes of filler + 4 episodes of plot" format were better suited to TV channels.

Its a George Lucas issue. Removed limits lead to the writers going nuts. They have access to the whole DC universe and are trying to juggle a million and one "mature themes" because the more mature tone was a staple of the original run.
Phantoms felt like it had this hard. Like every different arc had to dive into a new take on a different social issue yet none of it feels satisfying.
This is painfully clear with how it tackles religion. Even the more nuanced take in the Zatanna arc pauses the story to have Zatara recite the Lord's prayer, then goes right back to what it was doing.
Yet, for all the show talks about religion, have you noticed we've barely seen any demonstrated practice? Like, the whole theme was just "faith is a thing."
What does Khalid embrace from the teachings of Islam? What does he deny beyond simply being willing to use magic? You don't even need to touch the controversial stuff. How does he feel about alcohol consumption and pre-marital sex? Did he do a pilgrimage to Mecca?
Halo is even worse because its just "I wanna be Islamic now because reasons."
The autism arc touched on the most basic of symptoms even when reflected with Orion, it feels too clean. Just a scene of showing Orion's peers get a bit fed up with him at times or hell, Rocket judging him for poor handwriting would have made it feel more real, but they don't have time for that.
Because the cast is so bloated and we keep jumping from story to story, all it can do is pay lipservice to themes it wants to show.

This show is a text-book of what people complaining about wokeness means. The old seasons absolutely would not have wasted time gawking over how muslim the non-binary lesbian is. This obtuse motherfucker is not helping or empowering anyone, it's purely a force of destruction.

This guy isnt being serious, he's saying the person he's quoting is making an absurd request, and he's right.

How many important characters died in this show? was kid flash about it?

Actually, I take it back. The problem with the mature themes isn't just pacing. Its that the show is afraid of showing anything but the most squeaky clean versions of these issues.
Keep in mind, they're not JUST Muslims. They're refugees from a vastly different country.
Yet the Daou's act like they were born and raised US citizens with no cultural conflict to speak of.
Like with Khalid, you don't have to portray them as theocrats or anything. You don't even have to reference specifically Islamic despite Qurac being an Iraq stand-in. Something as simple as
>"We were shocked and disgusted by how American teenagers act. No respect for their parents or authority!"
Followed up by
>"Its because American parents are too lax! They can't even properly enforce a curfew and let their kids off easy on their terrible behavior!"
Or
>"It's because Americans don't care about the horrible influence their media has! It glorifies selfishness, drinking, gambling, and general hedonism!"
There, they've now voiced a complaint that is commonplace to hear from immigrants to America and come off as human beings. That can't happen because the show has no genuine interest in showing any level of complexity or humanity to the topics they wanna talk about.
Even in Outsiders, it's the cleanest and least mature take on Terra we've ever gotten. All the other Terras are shown to have toxicity in their personality that can't just be magically done away with and while a lot of her handling was problematic, the classic Terra is the most realistic in one key regard. She's very realistically annoyed by everyone's "we can fix her!" syndrome to the point her violent spiteful suicide was the most realistic outcome of being treated with that mentality.
If they wanted to save her, they literally just needed to end the arc with her actually going to an in-patient therapy. Instead the literal child soldier is instantly better to the point of being able to go on field missions because friendship.

Attached: 532B22B7-6173-4C5B-911B-A4B44DB62304.jpg (416x578, 62.15K)