The New Warriors

Would they have been as obnoxious a concept if they were in a world of exclusively esoteric and specific powers?
Like, "I can shield others but not myself" and "I have a magic backpack" sound like JoJo stands and that's something where a magic fishing pole and a gas that rapidly ages people are considered roughly the same

Attached: newwar2020001014_col.jpg (850x1291, 242.73K)

Never compare JoJo with nu-capeshit please

the only thing i remember about this is that one character is related to Morbius

Maybe capeshit should try being more like JoJo then.

Average football player dresses like a faggot.

Attached: newwarriors2020newkids-snowflake-and-safespace.jpg (1211x881, 143.67K)

I honestly couldn't tell if they would play this straight or not. Kibblesmith is a bit of a comedy writer

They would've been fine if the names weren't so stupid.
Except grandpa's experimental internet gas. That was doomed from the start.

Made for railing

Attached: B-Negative.jpg (710x660, 78.41K)

Jojo is way better than any form of capeshit. Speaking of, who’s hype for the new episodes coming out in like a week?

Attached: EF23B717-CF87-4EEA-86F2-0E05C7315842.jpg (1434x2048, 366.42K)

I was annoyed with the series because they just disregarded the previous team.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-08-22 182406.png (1782x394, 320.2K)

They'd have made a great dysfunctional Doom Patrol/Umbrella Academy style group of dysfunctional heroes with weird kinda useless powers that have to learn to not be shit and get along

I wouldnt be suprised if there was a twist halfway through and these weren't the actual New Warriors, or they all died and fail or something.

The art, the concepts, even the colouring is like a nexus of bad. Sure if you had more generic powers and just did a non-Marvel YA book about various teenagers developing powers it would be bland and forgettable but not offensively bad. It didn't help that the writer is also the most cliche onions looking fucker.

They should have went all out with the fat chick's fatness and have her stomach be the bottomless backpack instead. So she can eat and digest anything. Just straight up eating rockets to the face

It probably would have been a comedy but not self aware enough in how cringe it is. That's half the trouble when left wingers try to parody left wing stuff in a "fun" way.

The magic backpack and defensive powers that only work on others are good concepts that allow for creativity in how you use the characters. Everyone else was generic, even Internet Gas which was described as some kind of basic tier technopathy. But the real with the series was the marketing pitch and possibly Kibblesmith's attitude.

I got banned from a chat room because I thought the blue and pink haired one had just been a joke and wasn't actually two characters legitimately about to be in a book

>if they were in a world of exclusively esoteric and specific powers
...they are?

i remember the very first thread for this
i requested art of snowflake as a dickgirl fucking safespace as a cuntboy....
i still havent gotten it
so this is a failure

How about this twist.
The black chick is an assassin who considers herself a tool rather than female. For the non-bin. That way she could be like an sub zero x-23

Safespace is a dude bro who died his hair as a dare. He recently found out he's actually a twin.