Was Invader Zim: Enter The Florpus an enjoyable fun movie that remained faithful to the original Invader Zim cartoon?

Was Invader Zim: Enter The Florpus an enjoyable fun movie that remained faithful to the original Invader Zim cartoon?

Attached: Invader Zim Florpus.png (1280x710, 570.84K)

Not really faithfull, half of it is just the comic that is a better adaptation to modern times and the other half is silly fanservice.

it was pretty fun. definitely felt a little lighter than the actual show, but that's not necessarily bad.

It was a thing that happened

>enjoyable fun
Yes
>remained faithful
Hell no.

Dib would never pity Zim
Membrane would never tell his son he loved him
And Gaz would certainly never say she cared about anyone especially Dib.

I liked how mean-spirited and hopeless the original was, but I can kind of understand that Jhonen wanted to move away from that a bit... however I don't like the artstyle, I vastly preferred how grody and polluted Earth was in the original, and the sky always being red was cool

No it was fucking awful. It looks fucking terrible, it feels like an dragged out episode where nothing happens, and it isn't entertaining. It's also nothing like Invader Zim. Johnen Vasquez doesn't understand his own creation.

>Johnen Vasquez doesn't understand his own creation
He does, though. He realized that Invader Zim's cynicism was no longer novel. He lightened the tone enough that we could actually feel attached to the characters, and he was sure to use GIR sparingly. It's called being ahead of the curve, and Jhonen always is.

How the FUCK is it being ahead of the curve when literally every cartoon since 2013 has looked like a baby toddler preschooler show?! He did exactly what

>cynicism was no longer novel
That's like saying that Casablanca should be remade into a comedy musical because Nior isn't in fashion anymore. Zim has a distinct bitterness and that's what it is at its core. You change that then the final product ceases to be Zim. It becomes something else.

I liked it. I might watch it again now thanks to this thread.

Good for u user

While I did enjoy the movie, the fact that Gaz seemed to openly and genuinly care about Dib just didn't really feel right.

It was less cynical than the original but still kept the zany wacky randumb humour. It's not exactly faithful but isn't all that different either. You be the judge.

Meh
The saving grace was being almost immediately paired with Rocko's revival, which was a joke, so it's a masterpiece in comparison.

I liked it

Attached: 1654344713164.png (886x455, 309.19K)

it was great
it wasnt exactly like the show but still managed to tick every box for me
im glad im not too jaded to be able to enjoy it
plus the brought back the original cast who did the dub for my country which never happens

It was okay. It felt way too light compared to the original show. The characters all genuinely care for each other which just gave it a very bland and basic animated sitcom feel and it didn't have any of the sci-fi horror elements that made me fall in love with it as a kid. Gaz in particular felt like an entirely different character.

Yes.

It's a shame, his whole style completely lost the bit of grunge it once had.

I feel this even in the comics you feel it i own both jhonen squee and jthm comics and i swore like why do my invader zim's feel slightly off and one day i just compared them. it's because the style is to round and colorful compared to the show and his older work that used a lot of shadows that showed dirty and grime and had harsh and weird points to things . I still enjoy the comics but they feel a lot more like later billy and mandy to me like it left it's pessimistic dark comedy and became more just dumb light hearted humor. This was especially shown in the movie where the characters were more obviously different. Similar to the comic tho I did enjoy it but it is noticeable.

He just grew up over time and wanted it to have a happier ending in case that was the last animated media it gets

It was great. I still think about some of the animation in it.

There's a good take hidden in this post. If only you were even remotely literate.