People pay a monthly subscription for this

>people pay a monthly subscription for this
How is this acceptable?

Attached: goof.png (1631x750, 2.33M)

People who complain about aspect ratios must not have been around for the era where every film ever was butchered to fit 4:3 on VHS. I think it’s stupid that companies still do this but it’s always been a thing in some way.

Not strictly true. Sometimes those vhs had extra picture on the top and bottom, which even lead to more explicit nudity that wasn't intended

What the fuck happened? It was 4:3, back when they first released the HD remastered episodes. They now crop them to 16:9?

Sucks only the remastered Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers had a blu-ray release, but I think the only reason that happened was due to the live-action movie.

Something shitty historically being a standard isn't a argument for accepting it.

Disney+ users don't watch this kinda shit

I feel better knowing that I ripped the whole show in HD before it was another victim of being forced to 16:9

Why did they crop it? It wasn’t cropped originally on Disney+.

at least they tried to keep the important shit on screen with pan and scan back then

The practice was rightfully shat on then and so it is now. 16:9 was specifically chosen as the new standard because it was a compromise between 4:3 and 2.35:1 and could show both well.

That's called open matte, most films between the '60s-'90s were shot that way

Attached: Open_matte_film_illustration.jpg (900x500, 83.81K)

>Standards haven’t improved and that’s a good thing

It's not the first time Disney has done that. They did it back when the Simpsons was first added to Disney+ and people got really mad at them for it until they promised to restore(I haven't checked if they ever got around to doing that though)

But even when DVDs were coming out, while everything now appeared widescreen, you still had some films that used the 4:3 aspect ratio and were just letterboxed. End of Evangelion is a great example of how shitty it looks, where it's in this black frame. Although I'm using Death & Rebirth to also show how shitty the cropped TV scenes looked compared to the most recent DVD release of the episode. Looked fine on a CRT, but this ended up being the worst shit on a HDTV.

Attached: eva movie series.jpg (720x1080, 207.4K)

They did, which is why I find it weird the other shows weren't given the same treatment

Pretty sure it was always cropped on Disney Plus
The uncropped is from Amazon or iTunes

Which begs the question again, of the point of D+

That's basically the way they had to do widescreen on VHS/LD. DVD had anamorphic widescreen, but it took a while for the studios to figure that out. (also not many people cared at the time since widescreen TVs were rare in the early DVD days)
You can crop those top/bottom black bars out when encoding but the resolution will still be crippled compared to a proper anamorphic DVD.

>duhhh it's been like this for decades stop complaining, better things aren't possible
kys yourself

Anyone got the Amazon rip of Goof Troop?

Also 'member that "A Goofy Movie" is censored and for some reason they put a "racist content" warning on the Timon and Pumbaa TV show

Kids are terrified of 4:3. They've never experienced it before.

It's not. Why I'll never pay for it.