How exactly is this hypocritical?

How exactly is this hypocritical?

Attached: s2ylkysual091.jpg (1920x1920, 305.46K)

It isn't. Wanda is simply borderline insane and completely delusional in the movie.

I didn't get that either, wasn't the whole point of Wandavision that she got over it and moved past that? And then she's suddenly crazy in this? Feels like they changed their minds at some point and then this movie was too deep into production to back out.

Most of Wanda's dialogue makes more sense when you acknowledge she's actually insane. I mean, let's be honest, "IM NOT A MONSTER IM A MOTHER" is just crazy and cringe.

She was (probably) supposed to be over the death of Vision, but loosing her children? Whole different trauma.
Also, it was mentioned that she basically dreamed every night of the nice family lives other versions of her had, that would be enough to make anyone go insane.

>Strange calls her out for fucking around with the Darkhold spells
>ends up doing the same thing (but out of necessity)

He's not only dreamwalking, a thing that requires using the Darkhold which he chastised her for using and doing earlier on, but doing it into a corpse which is a super double extreme no-no.

Why didn't he simply use the Eye of Agamotto?

Attached: TZWciBV.jpg (1988x3056, 859.19K)

Is magic really worth doing
If there is no risk of getting eaten by damned souls?

Attached: Strange_vs_great_harry_potter_society.jpg (1988x3056, 1.89M)

It was the point, but Raimi decided to throw out the original story of the film and make Wanda evil from the beginning.

So when Elizabeth Olsen showed up to finish filming WandaVision she found out that it was now expected to lead into a story where she goes nuts to get back the children she willingly gave up.

The less you watched WandaVision the more sense this movie makes.

>wasn't the whole point of Wandavision that she got over it and moved past that?

Wandavision literally ended with Wanda stealing the Necronomicon from a stronger witch so that she would never have to be told how to feel by anyone ever again. She may as well have shouted POWER, MORE POWERRRR except if she did you'd actually be able to follow along.

Why did you not get this? Is it because you are a dialogue tard and your brain shut off after Monica said the words?

>she willingly gave up.

Wanda's magic was failing and her illusion was breaking down; At no point in Wandavision does she ever cede power of her own volition. Those kids were going away eventually as the magic faded which forced her hand.

>Wanda's magic was failing and her illusion was breaking down; At no point in Wandavision does she ever cede power of her own volition. Those kids were going away eventually as the magic faded which forced her hand.

What happens in the finale is that Agatha shows Wanda that being under her spell is torture, she immediately goes "what have I done?!" and starts taking the Hex down until she finds out that her kids will disintegrate if she does.

Then she says goodbye and disintegrates them anyway because it's wrong to keep them alive if it means torturing other people.

Then she says "I don't understand this power but I will" and goes off to study the book that is the only source of information on her powers, and that Agatha had for centuries without becoming a crazy mass murderer.

Everything in the show was building to something different than what happened in MoM, but the movie was made by people who didn't really watch the show, so they largely contradicted it (saying the kids weren't real when WandaVision made a huge deal about the fact that Vision and the kids were real).

Honestly continuity isn't that important so the contradiction isn't a problem, but WandaVision's ideas about Wanda and her powers were better.

She was a better villain in WandaVision because her crimes were in-character and plausible, while in MoM they used the book as an excuse for not having to make anything she does make sense.

I though she still had an evil book. And stories about that usually has the person being corrupted

When you think about it this is very similar to what TLJ did to Star Wars except there wasn't anyone near as big an internet explosion about it because the culprit is Sam Raimi, everyone's favorite meme director who can do no wrong, instead of a short grubby guy they've never heard of who looks weak so he can be an easy target.

MoM's writer knew the plot of WandaVision the whole time and even was kept abreast of changes during shooting. What happened in WandaVision was always irrelevant to MoM and the showrunners and writers did not know what would happen in MoM, or at most were only familiar with the original script which had Wanda actively corrupted over the course of the film by the villain.

The problem is that we had another witch who used the book for centuries and, while evil, wasn't a mass murdering psycho and is getting her own spinoff. Plus for something that was said to instantly corrupt, Strange is fine. Also this is the second time he's used dark, dangerous, and forbidden magic to save the day without consequence.

Raimi was Alonzo and feiges bitch he had no say at all.

Raimi benefits from not taking a writing credit. I was surprised how many people think that just because Raimi isn’t credited as a writer he can’t be blamed for the script.

Michael Waldron wrote a bad script but he also was also sort of a blame target, especially since he was one of the few people doing interviews about the film after it came out. (Raimi did one interview where he admitted he didn’t watch WandaVision and not a lot of press after that.)

Why can't they do magic right? Tried the Constantine animated movies too. They make magic so uninteresting.

>(Raimi did one interview where he admitted he didn’t watch WandaVision and not a lot of press after that.)
Is that also the REASON why he didn't do a lot of press after that?

>Wandavision
nobody gives a shit about those tv shows, I cannot believe there are still people that think they should "count" in regards to the movies