Doctor Strange 2

Raimi needed more freedom than what he actually got.

Attached: CC33E0A2-198E-47C0-9EF3-DE5DD5D011CC.jpg (739x415, 54.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/23099050/doctor-strange-in-the-multiverse-of-madness-spirits-of-the-damned-hell
twitter.com/AnonBabble

KINO SCENE

yeah, i wish he'd gotten the james gunn treatment and given a movie that while related to everything else was still somewhat self-contained. trying to do america chavez, doctor strange 2, and wa-wandavision 2 in a single movie probably hurt the scope with all the notes on all the marks that NEEDED to be checked. should've been only doctor strange 2

i was grinning like an idiot when this happened

This scene, the music battle, and that seance-type scene that looked like a 90s horror movie or something, were about the only interesting few minutes in the whole flick.

google.com/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/23099050/doctor-strange-in-the-multiverse-of-madness-spirits-of-the-damned-hell

>“We had an alligator drinking wine out of a kiddie pool. That felt like the Mount Everest peak of weird!
such weird. many bizarre. wow

if that's peak weirdness to them, i bet they were merely vaping

this bit was kino

Absolutely, the scenes that are pure Raimi absolute kino

is it time for cute America Chavez?

Attached: HD-wallpaper-comics-america-chavez.jpg (800x667, 86K)

He already got the freedom to throw out the original story, Doctor Strange teams up with the Scarlet Witch against a Doctor Strange villain called Nightmare, and replace it with a movie where the Scarlet Witch is suddenly a mass murderer and Doctor Strange is completely passive and reactive (he doesn't even fight the villain, just stands there and watches her slaughter a bunch of student sorcerers).

Feige didn't even make him watch WandaVision, even though it was almost finished filming and the people making it had never intended it to lead into Wanda turning evil.

Continuity is fake in these movies and Feige has always allowed filmmakers to reverse or ignore whatever development the characters got before, but this one was particularly obvious for some reason, because Wanda's story was exactly the same as in WandaVision (snaps because she wants a family/realizes she's doing wrong) and Strange barely affected the plot of his own movie.

In sum, MCU creators need to be hackier and have no creative personality that could interfere with characters.

MCUfags we’re unironically mad that it was too weird and didn’t have enough cameos

Cute

Attached: 96B9C819-052A-4144-A2F1-62C8B822A86D.png (884x1155, 410.25K)

I do think the main reason for the backlash was that the cameos turned out to be a joke and none of them had anything to do except immediately die.

That joke was probably the best thing about the movie.

that scene was pure /x/ kino

Agree

You know what sucks about the marvel movies and shows? They hire ugly women. You think I give a shit that Kamala is a Muslim? No, I don't. I don't care that America is a girl or aSpanish, and I don't care that Kamala has to pray 5 times a day. I care that they're ugly. I don't want to watch things with ugly people in them. Hire pretty girls to act and then I'll watch your shit. Simple as

I don't know who's responsible for what, but that is the ONLY cool scene in that whole shitpile of a movie.

Kind of wish the film focused more on the forbidden magic Raimi awesomeness and less on reality hopping

And yet people talk about the movie like it was nothing but those moments. It was mediocre, and every bit of character dialogue felt uncharacteristic. I don't like MCU writing most days, but at least stay consistent with past movies.

Attached: 1658955488750274.jpg (1038x1086, 75.16K)

This

Did you expect people to remember the multiple boring exposition scenes, anything America does, or Strange's non-existent reactions to Wanda's atrocities over the handful of genuinely awesome scenes?