Does Any Forums remember the Hanna-Barbera influence of CN?

Does Any Forums remember the Hanna-Barbera influence of CN?

Attached: FC8C6250-AAD9-4932-B439-8A6A37368E23.png (844x719, 621.58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jnrQMgryc7k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wait... was Dexter HB

Robot Jones was HB!? I just thought they fully produced the show after HB moved to CN Studios.

I certainly remember hearing that Billy and Mandy’s pilot was produced at the HB studio back in 1999 so this was probably the came case for RJ.

That was the peak. Dexter's Lab was GOAT.

Barely. I was born in 1997 so while I remember new episodes of all of these shows (except I.M Weasel, and even then that re-ran a lot), some of my earliest memories involved the Powerhouse era transitioning out of the Cartoon Cartoons shows and into Cartoon Network Productions shows, like Samurai Jack and Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends.

Now that being said, in retrospect its not that shocking that all of these shows were Hanna-Barbara properties. Remember 2 Stupid Dogs? That was a Hanna-Barbara show, and it predates What a Cartoon/World Premier Toons and Dexter's Lab, while also looking similar to Dexter.

Attached: 1660944680740172.jpg (1468x950, 592.83K)

The whole concept of early CN is so amusing; basically a bunch of Gen X animators playing around int he dilapidated theme park of HB.

Yeah, good times.

I miss the era where creators have worked for each other as both a boss and a employee.

Attached: 1614360059872.png (1464x1472, 2.49M)

It was the pilot which was made in 1999 when the show was greenlit around 2000-2001 same time HB was reconstructed to CN Studios.

98 here and agree, my early memories are of Johnny Bravo, Dexters Lab, and Courage while my "main childhood" like 6-9 years old I remember Camp Lazlo, Fosters, Ben 10. Middle school was Chowder, Flapjack, and by HS it was Adventure Time, Regular Show, soon Steven Universe

by the time i graduated in 2016 it was all TTG

youtube.com/watch?v=jnrQMgryc7k

>Kim Arndt
Now that's a name I haven't seen in a while. Very cool person. She had a webcomic years ago, and she'd send surplus con stickers to anyone who asked. I wanted one, but it was the first time I'd contacted a stranger online and was wary about giving out my mailing address (remember when that was a thing?). She convinced me that it was okay, and when the stickers arrived, she'd included a little sketch of the main character holding a machete and wearing Jason's mask.

This has been my livejournal post for the day.

yeah, even the powerpuff girls were produced by HB

Nice.
in b4 you need to go back

>I was born in 1997

Why are you here then faggot? By the time you hit 5 the golden age was already over.

piss off boomer

yh it felt comfy desu

Also from 1998.
Earliest memory of CN was What Ever Happened to Robot Jones, and Transformers Cybertron, though I only caught snippets of them cause I thought Nick Jr was cooler at the time. Didnt start watching the channel seriously until "Fridays" was a thing, cause I thought Ed Edd n Eddy was the best thing on the planet, and wanted to watch the new episodes. Also watched a lot of boomerang cause they had all those old shows my mom used to talk about. Literally was just "Hanna-Barbera: the channel" at the time.

I do, and I kinda miss it.
Uncle Grandpa and OK KO were the last modern CN shows to have it.

>alternate universe where Hanna-Barbera Productions never folded and still co-produced Cartoon Network's shows from 2001 onward
>some sad episode of Steven Universe is followed by a logo blowing out your eardrums with wacky Flintstones sound effects
Surreal.

The influence of Hanna-Barbera on Cartoon Network originals was pretty strong from the 90s up to the early 2000s. 2 Stupid Dogs, basically a prototype Cartoon Cartoon, was the first one. Dexter, The Powerpuff Girls and Johnny Bravo were straight-up homages to 60s Hanna-Barbera cartoons - shows their creators grew up on.

I think the show that best represented Cartoon Network's transition from the heavy Hanna-Barbera influence of the 90s to CN having their own identity is Billy and Mandy. Early B&M aka Grim & Evil was pretty much a 90s HB cartoon in the same vein as Dexter and the Powerpuff Girls - both is style, sound and music.

Only around season 3 did the show really grow into its own mold, around the same time Cartoon Network finally shook some of the HB influence off of it.

They had cameos of Hanna-Barbera characters too.

Attached: F0A9DC0A-88E3-4BC4-99ED-797452213C67.png (2212x1020, 2.13M)

>I think the show that best represented Cartoon Network's transition from the heavy Hanna-Barbera influence of the 90s to CN having their own identity is Billy and Mandy.
It was also the last show that did the "Three 7-minute Segments" format which HB were fond on despite everyone already moving on to two 11-minute episodes.

Also, Billy and Mandy at first shared many of the crew from Cow and Chicken/I Am Weasel which Atoms previously worked on. However most of them left later on, so Atoms had to hire new people, most notably C.H. Greenblatt and Thurop Van Orman where the show's style of humor also changed.