Since modern cartoons are all basically shit according to you guys

Since modern cartoons are all basically shit according to you guys.
What can they learn from the golden age of television to improve themselves?

Attached: antiheroes 650.jpg (650x450, 215.1K)

Higher production values would help. I can't watch a cartoon if it was made for 16 dollars and 37 cents. No matter how good the writing supposedly is. Sorry.

Consult experts. A lot of these shows went to real world professionals to make the experiance as authentic as possible. How many cartoon have you watched where the focus of the episode is pretty close to the real thing.

Hire actual competent writers. Not a cartoon, but the post about SheHulk writers just scrapping the original idea because they weren’t qualified to actually write court dramas kills me.

Here's how you get me to watch your cartoon in 3 easy steps:

1) Must put effort into the animation. None of this static anime-esque bullshit where nothing is moving on screen except for a mouth.

2) No more of these super-cheap, geometric nightmare art styles. Learn to draw basic human anatomy again, please. And put some detail in the drawings and effort in the coloring. Shading is important.

3) No child or teen characters. I don't want to see children in my entertainment, either in school or as heroes. Superhero shows are fine, just not superhero shows about child or teen superheroes. The myth that kids only want to watch themselves onscreen is false.

Follow these 3 steps and I might watch your cartoon show.

>No child or teen characters

Attached: I will always use this forever.png (211x120, 18.7K)

Sorry, I am an adult. Every goddamn cartoon made in the past 20 years is about obnoxious screaming ADD brats. I don't have tolerance for that garbage.

Kids network cartoons (mostly the popular Any Forums loreshows) don't get professional writers as they are affiliated more with the Animation Guild union rather than the Writer's Guild that many adult animated sitcoms are. (shows like The Simpsons, Futurama, South Park, Rick and Morty, etc.) Much of the time they can't afford real talent or can't due to union reasons.

Attached: 1647584831903.jpg (1095x824, 189.07K)

More auteurship, less soulless productions to meet toy quotas. Burgers need to stop thinking of cartoons as for kids only, and no, shitty "adult" cartoons like Family Guy et al don't count.

This. I understand they aim these things at children, but do they have to look like they were made by children?

Look up what golden age means first.

>Thinks cartoons for children should have some The Wire/Mad Men-tier writing
Pointless and autistic. IT's just going to be a manchildren circlejerk at this point.

>cartoons for children
Who says they have to be for children?

Worthless post that contributes nothing to this thread.

>What can they learn from the golden age of television to improve themselves?
Nothing. All of the problems found in modern cartoons are a direct result of showrunners and executives wanting to ape "golden age" television.
>muh serialization
>muh "muture" and "boundary pushing"
>muh "social commentary"
>muh trauma is the only thing interesting about a character
>muh words, words, words, words, words

That’s a good thing.

American Dad is good.

Nothing, I watch anime. I don't even like cartoons or comics, I'm just making threads on the few cartoon shows I actually like. And guess what; none of it is lorefaggotry.

I miss the Golden Age of Television

Attached: 3cizhcg194a71.jpg (567x567, 29.24K)

>I watch trannime
opinion discarded

Attached: 1654304313235.jpg (1080x477, 66.21K)

American dad seems more and more to be one of the only modern outliers in adult animation because everything thinks either being a shitty family guy clone or being shitty family guy clone that goes "lolz we're a shitty family guy clone lmao give us money plus" is good comedy
Honestly western animation would be much better off right now if it could just have more balance. By all means, have your wacky cartoons with super unique premises and social commentary or whatever the hell you want, but also have some normal ass Seinfeldian sitcom that so happens to be animated. And if people stopped giving a shit about gender audiences and all that garbage that doesn't matter at the end of the day, and just focused on making tv shows that are good and don't just go "lol we're just family guy but worse" (looking at you, brickleberry, paradise PD and the other one from those shitty creators) we'd be so much closer to an actual TV animation renaissance.

This retarded attitude is why people don't like anime fans.
That and the unrelenting horniness

This
Don't cry because your thread stinks, OP.

>I watch trannime
Only the best.

Attached: Screenshot_2022-08-19-18-01-43-936.jpg (335x445, 162.82K)

Awful take user.

Don't forget the "acting like nothing matters in the world and being a depressed piece of shit makes you deep or smart" trope
You're not Charlie Brown dipshit, stop acting like your life is permanently stuck in a state of being terrible and contribute something to society.
I need to find out who invented that and piss on their grave.

Fair dues, user

Berserk has a good adaptation?
That isn't a fromsoft game

Competent writers, showrunners, and improve production values. have mature storyline and don't treat your viewers like children (even if the target dem is actual children)

97 has some damn good drawings and backgrounds, even if that's mostly because the original manga was also just really beautiful, and it's honestly quite good even if it looks like it's a PowerPoint presentation sometimes with the animation on display

>golden age of television
Pyrite, tv has been dead for years.

There's no anime as good as any of the shows in OP's pic either.