Is this the end Sesame Street Bros?

twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1560636313086599170?s=21&t=T_DucAljoPpGxN-iDNRaHQ

Attached: 19883180-35C3-42E6-B597-11D7D4AADE52.png (320x706, 309.89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2022/08/19/heres-why-hbo-max-is-pulling-dozens-of-films-and-tv-series-from-its-streaming-platform.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Easily the best Bertstrip

Attached: bertstrip(4).png (640x607, 590.4K)

>go woke
>go broke
Who would've guessed?

>Ackhukully if we acquire distribution rights to Sesame Street and then write off the entire series production over 50+ years we’ll be debt free checkmate IRS

Attached: 7037FB85-0913-405D-B754-412C33C250C9.jpg (456x562, 64.19K)

I have to say I'm impressed with the ruthlessness of tearing shit down to the floorboards in hopes of finding stacks of money underneath.

for me, it's the vile jew sorcery one

>Remove a bunch of classic Sesame Street episodes
>Don't state any reason
That's pretty sad, classic Sesame Street is comfy, but I don't know if this would mean the end. Canceling Infinity Train and Close Enough got people pretty fucking angry, but it's mostly just a thousand random autists who are pissed. Cancel Sesame Street, and you'd get the world angry by removing a television institution, parents and teachers would be really pissed.

This is why I own physical media, anybody who who depends on streaming services is a cuck, you don't own anything.

>buys shit
>doesn't pirate
>probably doesn't even back up his DVDs
lmao

Attached: 1640180312240.png (605x558, 574.39K)

Good luck getting all vintage Sesame Street via dvds, that option doesn’t even exist for most episodes

WarnerBros-Discovery doesn't own Sesame Street. its licensing Sesame Street and chipping in on production so to get premiere exclusivity.

Its still owned by Sesame Workshop and it still airs on PBS (on a delay, after HBOMax gets first dibs)

Discovery clearly doesn't want to pay the residuals to Sesame Workshop based on the views its getting on HBOMax

Whats going to happen is a few options:
>Discovery is cancelling the deal altogether and Sesame Workshop has to find a new partner to help fund it
>Originally the deal was for Sesame Street to premier on HBO then move to PBS. Then it changed to HBOMax. They might move it back to HBO because they want to re-prioritize cable.
>Mecha Builders is still on Cartoonito/Cartoon Network. Maybe they'll move more Sesame street content to Cartoonito.

Discovery does not own Sesame Street. They can't do the tax write off scheme and bury it forever.
IDK the status of the HBOMax originals like Elmo's talk show but its most likely a co-ownership thing and Discovery just doesn't want to pay the deal to Sesame Workshop anymore.

HBOMax will probably also be dropping Studio Ghibli but it doesn't mean they own Ghibli or will bury it.

It sucks for Sesame Street because they relied on that Warner money with public broadcasting funding being drastically cut.
However, i wouldn't be surprised to see AppleTV or Amazon or Netflix or anyone else to make a bid for them. AppleTV seems likely given that they have similar deals with the Schulz family for Peanuts and with Jim Henson Studios.

Thanks user, that is a bit of a relief.

>The move away from kids and family content is new. HBO Max executives decided viewers are simply not going to the service to watch kids programming. Even “Sesame Street,” which HBO Max acquired in 2019 in a five-year deal, isn’t pulling strong numbers, according to people familiar with the matter. That prompted the removal of “The Not-Too-Late Show with Elmo,” the people said.

>HBO specializes in adult-themed content that skews toward a male audience. Discovery specializes in adult-themed reality content that is watched by more women. While the combined services hit both adult gender demographics, they don’t target kids. Instead of adding more content to fill that niche, Warner Bros. Discovery has decided to move away from the category with its future investment budget, said the people.
cnbc.com/2022/08/19/heres-why-hbo-max-is-pulling-dozens-of-films-and-tv-series-from-its-streaming-platform.html

TL;DR
Discovery doesn't want to pay years of residuals to countless creators for little watched shows
They can get a huge tax break if they shelve works and stop trying to make money off them (making money could mean anything from leaving it to gather dust on hbomax to ads on youtube clips)
It looks like people who sign up for HBOMax don't watch kids programming. WarnerBros has too many kids brands to just abandon them entirely s they'll most likely move them back to cable TV with Cartoon Network and Discovery Family and HBO

Honestly, they should have made it WB+ or something, keeping it as HBO Max is weird branding. I know it has HBO content, but having it branded with the HBO brand makes you think stuff like Sopranos, Game of Thrones, Curb your Enthusiasm, you don't really think of Sesame Street or Cartoon Network when you think of HBO.
Viacom did the right thing when they changed their streaming service's branding from CBS to Paramount, when I think CBS, I think of shitty sitcoms and the news, maybe Star Trek, when I think Paramount, I think of a lot of neat movies and other productions. Don't get me wrong, HBO isn't too bad an entertainment brand, but you don't really think of "Family content" when you hear HBO.

“Little watched shows.” Clearly Someone is lying/skewing data. Wouldn’t be shocked if something fucky is going on in their accounting department too when calculating the tax write-off info for other shows.

>HBO specializes in adult-themed content that skews toward a male audience
It just feels like more female shit. So combined it's just female shit.

It’s time for that to change

Attached: pleased neko chan.png (782x878, 947.77K)

31 Minutos chads won again

Attached: 1519403935513.png (761x685, 510.35K)

tldr

women ruin everything like they always do

No, PBS can step up.