Something that's been brewing with me for awhile is the hypocrisy you see put forward by a lot of shows that appeal to...

Something that's been brewing with me for awhile is the hypocrisy you see put forward by a lot of shows that appeal to new age cultural aspects. I personally believe it isn't necessary to downplay one party (the potential opposition) if you're looking to uphold another and place it on a pedestal. I'll use she hulk as an example since it's the most recent of these types of media.

Obviously a central theme here is a female protagonist exhibiting strength and comfort in her own skin, echoing a prevailing movement we've seen all over our culture the past century. Said movement is great to have in place-- particularly for the sake of improving the mental well being of women, and taking responsibility for their place in the world.

Essentially, any negative stereotypes which may have existed about women are being eradicated thanks to these new forms of media. This is a good thing.

So tell me why then, all too often in shows/films revolving around female protagonists (particularly in the last couple years) do writers feel it's necessary uphold negative stereotypes about men? All too often do you see men portrayed/discussed within these shows as if they're brutish and misogynistic. Granted these instances are usually just asides-- but as you wouldn't want someone to assume a female is helpless or a mere damsel, you shouldn't want people to assume all men are ignorant sexists.

It's ridiculously hypocritical. I have no issue with feminism, but how the fuck are you going to portray women with the utmost positivity and eradicate any stereotypes, while having scenes/lines that portray men as condescending idiots? Why does this CONTINUE to happen in certain pieces of media?

>Yes, let's create a show starring a strong female protagonist that destroys the stereotype of feeble women, that also plays up the stereotype of men being misogynists and having no respect

Just upsets me, as someone who sees himself as a decent human being. It's just ridiculous.

Attached: shulk.jpg (620x413, 45.67K)

>I personally believe it isn't necessary to downplay one party (the potential opposition) if you're looking to uphold another and place it on a pedestal.
you may not, but i presume youre also a grown adult.
you know who does, children. very small children, who need a concept of "X good, Y bad" to understand whats being pushed at them.
now ask yourself who modern capeshit appeals to.
end of

it seems obvious. why can't they move forward without that crutch.

Decent human beings don't watch capeshit

>post taken directly from reddit

Whataboutism is too much of a prevailing train of thought in the she if the internet. You are essentially expected to downplay something else when you are expressing your beliefs or you're seen as missing a key component to your argument.

A show about an alcoholic sex addict who fucks 5 different guys in 2 minutes is definitely NOT for children you mongoloid

mui text

>Of course the show isnt obsessed with gender, why do you ask?

Attached: adsfdsafdsafdsafdsafas.jpg (860x476, 65.37K)

Tl;dr
OP is a faggot.

>MEN BAD

Attached: sdafdsafdsafsdafsda.jpg (813x457, 40.05K)

tldr please

remember anons, OP is trying to get you outraged. outrage sells, and he's doing it for free. if you get into a political argument, you've sold to him. every field.

>WOMEN GOOD

Attached: afdsafasd.jpg (889x485, 43.11K)

>So tell me why then, all too often in shows/films revolving around female protagonists (particularly in the last couple years) do writers feel it's necessary uphold negative stereotypes about men? All too often do you see men portrayed/discussed within these shows as if they're brutish and misogynistic. Granted these instances are usually just asides-- but as you wouldn't want someone to assume a female is helpless or a mere damsel, you shouldn't want people to assume all men are ignorant sexists.
It's nothing new.

Attached: 9EEBDD9D-2261-4C0B-827E-5FEDB2152443.jpg (1440x1927, 380.68K)

>user doesnt understand that im comparing the people watching the show TO children, not talking about actual, literal children
are (you) a child?

Attached: .jpg (923x1098, 81.41K)

>MEN LE BAD

Attached: dasfasdfdsafa.jpg (1052x494, 45.73K)

>WOMEN LE GOOD

Attached: dsafdsafdsafadsfdsa.jpg (715x904, 122.84K)

>MEN? BAD

Attached: ADSFDSAFDSAFASD.jpg (1011x488, 54.67K)

>WOMEN? GOOD

Attached: murdered.jpg (795x462, 48.77K)

chud thread