Watching Batman: The Animated Series for the first time on HBO Max

What should I expect?

Attached: MV5BOTM3MTRkZjQtYjBkMy00YWE1LTkxOTQtNDQyNGY0YjYzNzAzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTgwMzk1MTA@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg (1000x1500, 70.6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ge5HZuKd9Bc
youtube.com/watch?v=F0zm25n85fA
cineb.net/tv/watch-batman-the-animated-series-free-39258
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kino.

for it to be removed from the service sooner than later because the new CEO of WB hates animation

An inferior, watered down for the masses of children and lowest common denominator version of the source material, like every comic book adaptation so far. Only thing that's different about this one is anons were kids when it was out, so they think that means they shouldn't read the comics and have already decided this version is "definitive".

came for this

The best soundtrack

Suffer through the first few dozen or so episodes where the writing is uneven because a lot of the scripts were spec-scripts by cartoon writers who didn't get what Bruce Timm, Eric Radomski and Alan Burnett were trying to do until Paul Dini started writing episodes. Once the show hit it's stride it hit it's STRIDE.

Attached: EHlqlOuUYAA8nvn.jpg_large.jpg (1000x1550, 248.97K)

^

For some reason on HBO Max The New Batman Adventures is included in Batman: The Animated Series as well as another season.

lmao he didn't remove anything this CLASSIC

Shirley Walker's score is the best, she improved on Elfmans.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ge5HZuKd9Bc
^Here's a brief explanation going over the main theme. Would've been cool to get this for the scores to some of the villain motifs. and now we never will...

Attached: 1493963826243.jpg (299x168, 7.48K)

Based. Dini is peak and he carried the show

And here's an analysis of the Two-Face theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=F0zm25n85fA
I wonder if we'll ever get a closer live-action version of Harvey, where he's got the whole Smeagol/Gollum thing going on. Instead of just burned face man out for revenge, full on switching personalities and holding conversations with himself. Y'know, like a crazy person, someone who would actually get locked up in an asylum.

The air dates are completely skewered from the canonical timeline of the show.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-08-19 001130.png (1616x1003, 261.26K)

Does HBO MAX follow air date order or production order? I have the bluray set which is production order.

hit and miss, but the good ones are really good

Attached: batman.jpg (567x425, 22.25K)

So The Cat and the Claw part 1 is the first episode to air and it is the first on HBO Max, after that they have part 2, which air much later than other episodes. Maybe they want to keep those episodes together? Whole thing is kinda funky.

Yeah that's airdate order, lame, which is all over the place and not chronological. Fox wanted 'Cat and The Claw' to air first in primetime because of Catwoman being the highlight of Batman Returns which had just come out and they wanted to capitalize on that. Production order means 'On Leather Wings' should be the first episode.

>streaming content from a service instead of pirating or owning it physically

NGMI user

Skip The Underdwellers, I've Got Batman in My Basement and The Forgotten, watch everything else.

here's the kicker, on xifinity they do have the episodes in chronological order.

cineb.net/tv/watch-batman-the-animated-series-free-39258

Wtf weird

"i'll have to try and trim those claws"

based