Solar Opposites

Finally watched this show. Conclusion: it's not very good. It's a family comedy which isn't funny at all, which mostly comes down to the entire main cast taking the role of the funny man. Justin Roiland doesn't understand the fundamentals of storytelling, since the existence of a straight man is something that should be common sense.

The reason the Wall segments gets praised is because they star humans instead of aliens. They're not funny either, instead focusing on a generic adventure story. People who like these segments should unironically watch adventure cartoons or anime instead. That will scratch that itch far better than this mediocre cartoon which only gets praised to spite Rick and Morty fans.

Attached: solar opposites.jpg (1000x1426, 124.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BbrwRcwtO_k
rickandmorty.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I like it. It's funny. I like the characters. It's enjoyable. Better than Rick and Morty.

Attached: 1654489186277.jpg (1022x1024, 108.9K)

>the existence of a straight man is something that should be common sense
But... Korvo IS the straight man. How is that not clear to you??

Attached: boogersbug.jpg (1200x1920, 673.03K)

It's the father figure the straight man? He is the one trying to fix the ship at all costs and while everyone else fucks around, is kinda a major plot point in a few later seasons.

I like rick and morty better but only the first two seasons. Solar Opposites to me is just the same type of humour of the first two seasons of rick and morty, the cynical Scifi crap being used as more as plot device, but worse because we are somewhat already used to it.

It is technically better than rick and morty because is constantly good but not as good as peak rick and morty.

This show would be better if it was just the blue alien, his blue son and the baby.

Korvo is as much of a straight man as Rick is (not at all). The closest one to fill that role is Jesse.

I genuinely enjoyed the revelation that there have been thousands of Planet Shlorps and the Shlorpian race propagates itself by blowing up their own planets and sending out teams to terraform new planets and repeat the process in an infinite exponentially growing cycle.

Yumyulack was right, that shit's metal as hell.

Hard to create conflict, you would need to change the personality of at least one of them or add something to the formula to make it work.

Hey OP watch this and tell me what you think after:
youtube.com/watch?v=BbrwRcwtO_k

House of cosbys still is my favorite Justin show and probably the only one I wish it had more than two seasons.

It's a fun show. I understand your point of view though. But I feel like all the characters have a unique personality and the grumpy one is the straight man or that other humans are. Like many shows each character takes turns being the straight man. South Park is good at this. Also check out pic related. It's basically American Dad but wackier and more wholesome. it's just vibing and trying to have a good time. I love it. I miss these kinds of shows. Shows that are just trying to entertain you. Good times. It always makes me smile.

Attached: pie chart meme 2.png (939x771, 660.96K)

Eh I like the fun ride that is the show, 99 ships killed me. That fucking line where Terry calls the guy a cuck and Korvo says he’s the cuck killed me when Terry responded and we can sense our own so there.

The characters have too much overlap. Using Simpsons as a counterexample, Bart and Homer are the most similar family members, yet when presented with the same situation would create completely different stories.

Yumyulack is just a younger version of Korvo that goes to school. Terry is a more impulsive/dumber/sluttier version of Korvo (even then not by much - see red goobler episode). The only ones that are different are Pupa and Jesse. The show would probably work better if Yumy and Terry were combined into one character and a human would take the role of Korvo's spouse.

Not a fan of the lolrandumb humor, but at least it has a straight man.

>Its just vibing
>trying to have a good time.

Attached: 1660793440958340.jpg (683x1024, 70.18K)

I'm like the way Solar Opposites looks just fine, but fan art like that really makes me wish Roiland's shows could be just a bit more wonky & cartoony and not so on-model & uniform all the time. It's actually a really appealing style if handled right.

Attached: spinetrick.png (1000x680, 300.14K)

It's like Bob's Burgers in the sense the kids are the best part

I think most will agree that Korvo is a very entertaining protagonist, but it's a testament to the show that people can consider different characters to be their favourite. I love Jesse and Yumyulack, but Korvo is my fav. Easily pissed off voice-of-reason-type characters can be hilarious.

Attached: replicants.png (1920x1080, 1.33M)

I really like korvo and terrys relationship it’s why I come back. I think they need to end the wall and do over, tim and the duke kinda made it for me

>Bob's Burgers
>the kids are the best part

Attached: 1598380244551.png (1136x640, 286.93K)

Reminder that we finally learn what the hell 'Wormageddon' is at 10am EST tomorrow: rickandmorty.com/

Attached: 1658106375712.gif (800x450, 2.99M)

Y’all only watch/care about the show because fujos, who’s behind the series writing/animating, ships Korvo and Terry. Don’t lie

Attached: DCD9442E-10F8-41A4-94E2-E9DD45E4F428.jpg (500x379, 43.36K)