Why is positive autistic representation so rare in animation?

Why is positive autistic representation so rare in animation?

Attached: Screenshot_2022-08-17_224310.jpg (703x491, 91.56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Autism isn't real.

because an accurate autist would be annoying

Because Autism is complicated and most writers re too retarded to fully comprehend complex things

Wait he's autistic now?

Always was.

A*tists don't deserve positive representation.

Because autism is a myth

Autism is a fucking mental disorder, would you expect any "positive schizophrenia representation" or anything similar? They should've settled for the Rain Man depictions where fictional autists had some uncanny genius

Low empathy isn't a positive trait by any measure of personality.

Because it's overrepresented in film

Attached: Untitled517.jpg (640x716, 264.29K)

Accurate representation is more important.

I still think Broadway from Gargoyles is one of the best written autistic cartoon characters. High empathy and emotional understanding, but is slower to most things, ongoing hyper fixations on food and cinima, very quick to emotion based responses.

Attached: Tumblr_l_207047679406011.jpg (2048x2048, 434.31K)

All of those have ASPD, not autism.

spbp

Unless the fucker is nonverbal and can't wipe his own ass it's a cluster B but worded less harshly to not hurt their feelings

Attached: Untitled1430_2-2.jpg (2048x1536, 1M)

>those are all antisocial, not antisocial and retarded

Accurate autistic representation isn't a positive.
>t. married to an autist, best friends with an autist, and possibly also an autist

Also it's a bad idea to let autistic people anywhere near guns

>but I wasn't abused by my parents
>"uh, yeah you were, you just don't remember"
It's a pretty shitty assertion to make about someone's family. It's like any push back should be met with a "okay my mistake" but it's most likely a "no, you were abused and you were lied to or you're lying to me"

what is the secret to getting an autist gf

People don't understand the difference between likeable autistic people with disciplineand drive and lol so random obnoxious autism.

Cartoons aren't real

Any Forums isn't real

The reason for the overlap in those two is because many "autistic traits" are actually trauma responses or defense/coping mechanisms for things such as...
- Repeatedly ignoring boundaries
- Treating medical privacy as a reward for impeccable behavior, not good, IMPECCABLE
- Being yelled at for doing normal kid things
- Being yelled at for not doing normal kid things
- Constant unsolicited help for things you don't want or need help with
- Every single thing you do being blamed on autism and not your compounding mental problems from the previous points

Likewise an abused child will likely experience...
- Their boundaries repeatedly violated, including physical and sexual boundaries
- Their privacy and dignity repeatedly disrespected
- Always being told they're wrong no matter what they do
- Always being told they're wrong even when they didn't do anything
- Always having things they're doing interfered with so their abuser has an excuse to take their anger out on them
- Always being blamed for literally everything that goes wrong even when they're a goddamn preteen
And end up developing a fuckton of survival mechanisms.

The reason autistic people have so much difficulty is because the world is deliberately and consciously hostile to us, and it starts screaming and punching us when we establish simple boundaries. Of course because the "simple" ones are ignored, we end up having to establish stronger ones and end up enforcing them violently because people refuse to take "No" for an answer.

>>"uh, yeah you were, you just don't remember"
This has a name.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting

RAD is largely a made up excuse for abuse used by weird fundies and its based on some schizo babble from Wilhelm Reich who IIRC was the schizo responsible for "Orgone Energy." SA had a thread that went into detail about it a few years ago but I'm not autistic enough to wade into there and find it

Not really, gaslighting comes with a different intention. Telling someone you aren't wrong because you genuinely think you figured out how someone's brain works based on your meme understanding of two similar disorders, one diagnosed as the result of abuse, and that means that they were abused is different than gaslighting. Being wrong about an assumption isn't gaslighting.