What went so right?

What went so right?

Attached: spidermantrilogy.jpg (602x602, 177.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w7PqGUABOqk&ab_channel=SheitlaD.Modore
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Imagine if 3 didnt have venom or the emo bullshit and was successful. We would've had Campbell Mysterio. The pay off

Nickelback

Early 2000s naiveté and SOVL.

no expectations and a director that loved the source material

Venom was the best part, it was Sandman who was unnecessary

It's a drama movie disguised as a superhero film
youtube.com/watch?v=w7PqGUABOqk&ab_channel=SheitlaD.Modore

Time. Hated on release, but nostalgia hits hard, and over time the series became loved. Happens with so many movies. You can see it happening right now with Man of Steel.

Soul, soul is indescribable but this trilogy is full of it.

>Hated on release
All three movies sold extremely well.

I know.

so much soul and a lack of making fun of itself. It can be corny but these movies took themselves seriously and felt genuine, especially the first two and it's characters. People want to shit on the Peter MJ stuff but it worked for me and was cute

It was a romantic dramedy first and a superhero movie second. It actually built up relationships and characters.

Heart and Sam Raimi is a competent director.

>Hated on release
Only the third one

THEY SAY THAT A HERO COULD SAVE US

this

>venom or the emo bullshit
so the good parts?

>or the emo bullshit
S-M3 has no emo bullshit.

Attached: 20220708_185741.jpg (1024x576, 83.47K)

The real thing that sucks about 3 is retconning Uncle Ben's death so that Peter wasn't responsible anymore.

1 is pretty great, 2 is the GOAT superhero movie, and 3 is just meh but not so bad if you're just in it for certain scenes that tie up the trilogy, primarily related to Harry

Also I loved No Way Home but largely just due to it being a pseudo continuation of some of the Raimi arcs

>Spider-Man 1 - Perfect comic book origin movie. Even when it takes liberties on aspects from the comics, essentially understands and encapsulates the soul of the Ditko/Lee/Romita era of the comics (especially Romita). Manages to both be dynamic and cheesy, but also gives everything weight and a sense of urgency.
>Spider-Man 2 - Continues to hit major aspects/feelings in the Romita/Lee era, and does a perfect job continuing the story and letting Peter and Harry grow as characters. While Otto’s interpretation is different, he works as an amalgamation of Spidey’s enemies, and works as the antagonist. Movie also gives us more insight into Peter and the decisions he has to make.
>Spider-Man 3 - Actually does a lot wrong, but Franco played HarryGoblin really well when he had the chance to, and Sandman’s scenes were top notch. Also, really underrated score.

Overall, Raimi captured what Spider-Man ultimately represents, and did a great job condensing it.

That sounds like a personal issue, I loved 1 and 2 the moment they came out.