BCB - Bittersweet Candy Bowl

Mike REALLY should just hang up Edition

Attached: 14 (1).png (800x1075, 476.86K)

This shit is so stupid.

Ah so that's why Mike got back together with Sandy, she revealed that he was her emotional anchor

Welp time for more BCB oc I suppose

All this historical revisionism to make Sandy look worse so Lucy can look better.

Which is one HELL of an undertaking.

No matter what Lucy will always get asspats

Attached: huh.png (381x438, 46.47K)

I really don't understand why Teashi is pushing Lucy's obsession as the perfect romance choice. I've been reading this comic since the beginning and throughout it Lucy has shown time and time again that her "love" for Mike is basically a security blanket. Mike did at one point have strong romantic feelings for Lucy but everytime he showed her affection she pushed him away. I know Lucy had issues with intimacy and how her appearance influenced the way people acted around her, but Mike was her childhood friend. She should've been able to trust him.
When Mike began to date Sandy he gradually drifted away from Lucy because he was finally getting a romantic relationship from someone he cared about and who cared about his wellbeing. That chapter where they met at the fashion show was pretty cute, but showed how Sandy was a bit busy with her job. That could've been a natural tension between their relationship that could've made their relationship stronger as they got through the bumps and hurdles.
Then the December chapter happened.
Then Lucy tried to kill herself.
That period where Lucy was gone was basically a void for all of their development. When she unexpectedly comes back she is straight up not the same character. This new Lucy is self assured and "doesn't fucking love him anymore". The issue of her suicide is never meaningfully answered except with vague offhand dialogue. It's treated as a sick joke most of the time with a surprising cruelty to even her "closest friends". Augustus is the new platonic Mike with extra pity points from that dumbass Alejandro subplot. Mike's character is also changed drastically. Gone is the reserved Mike who stews in his worries and miseries but ultimately tries to find a solution. Instead Mike becomes a screeching ragecat that can't go five seconds without losing his shit at someone. Fucking Abbey has a better hold on his temper than him.

Every new page of mike crying over lucy just makes him taking back sandy more ridiculous, it's not even displaying that mike was torn or sandy was explicitly manipulating his feelings, it's just mike looking sad while getting back together with sandy

>I really don't understand why Teashi is pushing Lucy's obsession as the perfect romance choice
Lucy has tits, an ass, and just begs to be dominated. Of course her preferred romantic partner is the best possible standard for romance!

Sandy is immediatly reduced to "bad girlfriend". Her visit to Mike erases her troubles with her pressuring motherand job, establishes that she doesn't like many of Mikes hobbies (even though she should already know what Mike likes to do for fun but I guess Teashi is just ignoring that fact), and has her actively put down Mike when he does something she doesn't like. That entire chapter was Teashi screaming to the audience that Sandy isn't and never will be a good match for Mike. And I know that's what she meant because of that stupid ghost Lucy chapter. And then she has Sandy start to ghost Mike because she was cheating on him.
All I ask is why would you go to such lengths to show that this girl is basically garbage and that this relationship is beyond repair, just to immediately have Mike take her back? I know Teashi loves to put down Mike, but this moves doesn't make sense.

>Lucy
Wants to be dominated
>Sandy
Will dominate you
>Daisy
Will ask you to be gentle
>Amaya
Will kill you

>All I ask is why would you go to such lengths to show that this girl is basically garbage and that this relationship is beyond repair, just to immediately have Mike take her back?
Because the "will they? won't they?" schtick is all the comic really has going for it. Mike x Lucy is endgame. I'm convinced that Taeshi believes all the patreon bucks will dry up the moment the two get together because there's no longer a carrot on a stick to dangle in front of the audience to keep them paying. Despite the fact that there's so much more the comic could explore like other characters' relationships, other events like college to add to the slice of life feel, or even a time skip where characters are planning their wedding or something.

But no. We're going to be stuck in this never-ending cycle of "whooooa drama!" so Taeshi and Bagboy can continue to pay bills.

Plus, showing how obviously terrible Sandy is to Mike gives Taeshi a reason to have the almighty Lucy swoop in and be a hero by saving Mike from a worthless relationship despite it being super clear that Mike and Lucy are even worse together.

Two more weeks and this shit is over at least. What a trainwreck chapter, we KNOW he'll cuck out and go back to her, none of this matters. At least if this had immediately followed Eternal Flame before the class scene this could be suspenseful, but this literally doesn't matter anymore.

After this I think we'll be getting a chapter about Augustus at the mall with the diversity squad, so the quality could vary wildly. But it'll be intersting to see a asocial loner have to interact with a group of peppy weirdos.

Do not read this comic.

The short of it is "Will they or wont they" is a stable of Romance comics. While that can be annoying, it isn't exactly horrible in itself. The problem is that Taeshi's turned Mike x Lucy into scorched earth.

Both characters have changed for the worst as people but the narrative only calls out Mike for it and not Lucy. They really aren't good for each other.

Sandy gets turned into bad girlfriend to make Lucy look like the better choice. A simple "Mike, this isn't working because our schedules just aren't allowing it anymore" wouldn't do that. It would still leave Sandy as a decent person so one day there could be hope she and Mike get back together.

So Sandy gets turned into this airhead cheater, and Lucy acts like she's always cared when she sees mike at the tree despite how she's acted towards him since coming back saying the exact opposite.

Taeshi only saw the end result but just shat the bed on the journey to get there. Mike and Lucy could only properly pan out if the comic spends more years about them getting over their own hang ups first or just leaving them as good friends by the end.

That was the idea from the beginning, but the idea of that being enough without details was questionable. Mainly because she's a lying bitch. I guess the solution Taeshi came up with is Mike being totally overwhelmed and not thinking straight.

Is that the purpose? Mike just comes across as insane for thinking so highly of the turbo bitch.

>What are you worried about?
That you'll cheat with the next guy in your proximity after another few months of this sham.

>I was ruining things for myself by breaking up with you
So you admit you chose Francis first.

>You're my rock you know
Could have fooled me considering you ghosted for months.

>I love you, only you
Bullshit.

Nigga she even goes on talking about Francis after all this come on! Mike needs to stop being a tool to these white kitties

Because BCB is Goldiecope and at one point Suitcase continued talking with Goldie after telling Taeshi he'd cut off contact, from what I recall. So of course his ultimate betrayal had to be included in the comic, no matter how forced.

Thank goodness, a chapter concept so utterly banal that I will have no trouble checking out for months. Though knowing Taeshi she'll get bored partway through and refocus on the Goldie shit.

>Mike needs to stop being a tool to these white kitties
He literally can't help himself. Mike has a type, and that's snow white cats with sexy bodies.

Something exciting could happen, like Augustus running into his old ghetto pals like Alejandro and Toby.

Hey YouTube user I have an edit request youtu.be/rGXRu-RXlHc