Would Gravity Falls and other Western shows be more popular if it looked less "cartoony" and have a more (slightly)...

Would Gravity Falls and other Western shows be more popular if it looked less "cartoony" and have a more (slightly) anatomically realistic art style?

Attached: gesgsd.jpg (1280x720, 68.56K)

Just search for loli hentai, Jesus Christ.

The visual appeal of cartoons is the art style. The anime look is fine but it's generic and forgettable.

what did you even wanted to say retard, that loli hentai should look good but an actual series shouldn't?

to be fair GF's style was even more generic and looked passable at best

It's not just the style, it's the character designs themselves. The shapes of the characters and other details that would otherwise be removed when going for an anime style.

Its not a matter of quality of animation, its the aesthetic surrounding it. I wonder if the reason why cartoons aren't as popular as anime is because of its cartoony art style. If it had a more realistic anatomy, how many more would they attract? It just appeals to more people.

Attached: png-transparent-dipper-pines-mabel-pines-bill-cipher-gravity-falls-art-others-human-bill-cipher-fictional-character.png (920x890, 73.76K)

Gravity Falls looks literally just like flesh colored Simpsons

no,you are absolutely wrong
this

>anatomically realistic art style?
Too expencive when the trend now is digital paper dolls with autists as puppeteers. They can make an 11 minute episode for less than 40k.

Which do you think people will immediately recognize, Dipper as he appears in the show or that? In fact a good number of people probably wouldn't even know who that is.

Attached: ya blew it.jpg (199x251, 4.72K)

Generic anime protags are far more memorable than western mc's and their poor attempts at being unique.

Perhaps more shows should look like Invincible and the DC animated movies. The former was incredibly popular.

Attached: 61KMkTLVY7L._RI_.jpg (1600x1200, 122.97K)

true, but OP suggested "a more realistic artstyle" not exactly anime
it's just happens that he harly have any proper examples these days thanks to greedy producers and "calarts" shit

what the fuck are you talking about, anime protagonists are arguably one of the five worst things in anime, i'am saying this as someone who watched hundereds of mongolian cartoons

And better by far than western ones.

I like my toons toony.

OP is clearly referring to something closer to anime. The problem is that they want everything to look more like that when there are already plenty of shows that fit what OP is asking for and yet that's not enough.

fuck no, even more soulless than "calarts" arguably.
Authors should invent their own artsyles to suit the story

Attached: 1607945526327_0620x0435_0x0x0x0_1607945771653.jpg (620x435, 104.62K)

only female ones

^

no i dont mean anime. just more realistic anatomy art. This and works too.

Attached: 21611706c448b20d41d191776f8acf1f.png (1280x960, 478.52K)

>DC animated movies
Those are even more generic and cheap than anime
Majority of them are boring to look at and even more boring stories

characters like Guts, kiritsugu or Spike are exeptions, not the rule

Attached: boring faggot.jpg (1024x576, 47.17K)

Projecting much?

>Guts, kiritsugu
Tryhards for preteens. If those are all that come to your mind then you've told me all I need to know about your opinions on MCs in shows.

You say that yet things like Astro boy, doraemon, and many other manga and anime from the 50's and 60's are quiet popular due to being based on that cartoony art style
Dragon ball is really cartoony in it's early arcs

nah theyre really not. you dont even actually believe. there are great anime mc but the mcs from garbage isekai you dilate to get btfo by even someone as simplistic as aang. you will never be japanese btw chink.