Duke Thomas hate thread

> be Scott Snyder
> get chance to write for Batman
> introduce some cool stuff to acclaim
> Marvel makes Miles Morales to higher acclaim.
> Do a sneaky.
> Rip off Miles Morales, but worse
> Shove ripoff into already crowded Batfamily.
> have every character shill for him.
> make him way more powerful than all these other lame members of the batfamily
> he still doesn't take off. wtf?
> make him half-alien
> push him in every book possible. even if it doesn't make sense.
> "he's not a robin. He's something different. Something better."
> never find a good dynamic for him within the family.
> Still not beloved.
> fuck

Attached: 8047497-batman-secret-files-1-cover.jpg (616x960, 243.42K)

This character somehow went under my raider for years until I recently started using Any Forums. No way he's from 2013.

It's very easy to miss him. He's got nothing original going on and absolutely nothing new to add to the dynamic of the family.

>it's a DC tries to make a new black character the successor or family member of a really known hero

Attached: POWER-GIRL.jpg (880x1138, 184.38K)

lol you can just spot the Robinfags bloviating about how original and non redundant Dick Jason and Tim are all while being straight(former in tim's case) white dark haired teens who more or less do whatever Bruce tells them

Attached: Vgxuv1y.jpg (1278x722, 42.49K)

>Bait
Duke Thomas is still boring, even if I can tell him apart because he is black

Hey now, you can also tell him apart because he's wearing yellow.

christ what a fucking stupid idea, at least she'd be easy to write out whenever you want "the lab shit wore off lol"

At least Priest used her well in his Deathstroke run and gave her a personality other than generic genius.
Nobody has made Duke stand out in any way.

Didn't Tom King made him a retard?
A black retard is something that stands out more than a genius

He wasn't as "shoved everywhere" as the racists will have you think. He's pretty lame and uninteresting, but it's easy to miss him, even if you read Snyder's run on Batman he's not in it much. Same for Harper.

Seriously were did this puffy buns, supergenius young black girl archetype come from? Why is it everywhere?

I'm just gonna say it: I don't dislike Duke Thomas, but they need to stick to the original concept: Daylight vigilante in Gotham with civilian support from his robin gang.

The only people that really hate Duke on Any Forums is that Cass/Kon shipper. Literally just mad Duke + Cass have a steady amount of stable interaction with a slight romantic undertone.

>Daylight vigilante in Gotham with civilian support from his robin gang.
I thought was the GCPD, that was in the comics

I think Bruce having ethnically diverse sidekicks makes him look weird, like an Angelina Jolie type.

It's so fucking funny to me that the only time I hear of Duke is when twitter/tumblr tries to cancel an artist for not putting him in Batfamily spreads.

Last month it happened two times iirc. The nightwing cover and something else. The nightwing one was funny as fuck because Taylor's reponse was 'core family only' which caused an even bigger meltdown

I don't know what's weird about having a bunch of teens running around half naked in your playboy mansion.

Attached: Gotham Knights 42.jpg (711x1052, 234.54K)

>'core family only'
Kek.

And then they also bitched that Cass being in the background was racist too.

I like to think the blacked out middle was Alfred

Attached: o1gxgreiw6691.jpg (1080x711, 131.04K)

I don't hate duke, his suit looks bad and he's fuckin boring, all them powers and the nigga is still a snoozefest.

Attached: tumblr_8ef41b7a72af9b1a0b99c11d07650b8f_2ca2ecb9_1280.jpg (1010x1500, 352.46K)