Ralph Bakshi’s Dr. Seuss cartoon

The Butter Battle Book from 1989
youtu.be/qYQtyMcsf9c
The Butter Battle Book is a rhyming story written by Dr. Seuss. It was published by Random House on January 12, 1984. It is an anti-war story; specifically, a parable about arms races in general, mutually assured destruction and nuclear weapons in particular. The Butter Battle Book was a New York Times Notable Book of the Year.
There was an animated TV special by animator and filmmaker Ralph Bakshi, narrated by Charles Durning and produced by and aired on TNT on November 13, 1989.[2] The special followed the book quite closely, notably in its preservation of its original cliffhanger ending, with the addition of a title card "The End (maybe)" at the conclusion of the story. Seuss himself called the short the most faithful adaptation of his work.[3][4]

Attached: 3DBEC0D6-A8ED-4742-B737-D233100B81B7.jpg (400x443, 172.08K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mp_Yt1vs77w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Made this thread before watching it. Just watched it.
It’s really good. If you haven’t seen this, anons, get on it

watching it now, thanks for the info and link.

was this the story referenced in the green eggs and ham netflix show?

Just finished it. The last shot of the two hands holding their superweapons was surprisingly well done and chilling

Seen it. It is really good.

Shitty liberak propaganda

Elaborate. Right now.

why would you butter the bottom of bread

>le cold War is le bad
>ignore that the other side does horrible things and we don't
>both sides bad
Fuck off with this woke shit

>>ignore that the other side does horrible things and we don't

Attached: clown university.jpg (1024x1024, 115.29K)

>le capitalism is just as bad/worse than communism
Fuck off lib

Pointing out that weapons progressing past the point of utility and being incompatible with society is exclusive to liberals?

Think about nuclear bombs - it takes roughly forty minutes to an hour for a missile to launch from halfway around the world to reach the US mainland. As the missile arcs up into space, satellite data would inform the military on where it's going to land, by which point any army and their supplies could be cleared away from ground zero. There's only one target a bomb could be effective against - innocent and defenseless civilians. That's monstrous and that's why it's such a tragedy that the US actually used them against Japan.

The book's clearly about the futility of an arms race and the increasing abstraction of war by means of technology. There's a point where one of the officers says "even we don't know all the things it can do", to bring the point home of how irresponsible it is.

Fuck off, top butterer.

What about people who butter the crust of toast

okay fencesitter

fence sitter!, the lot of you

I butter both sides of my toast

youtube.com/watch?v=Mp_Yt1vs77w

Fucking Yooks and Zooks, why can't we have more Vooks who eat bread with the butter on the crust?

I remember this from when I was a kid, it was dark. Made me feel weird

Yes it was