Is it true that wokeness killed comics?

Is it true that wokeness killed comics?

Attached: DoJv7sVXv4M-HD.jpg (1280x720, 127.3K)

Comics have been dying for a long time.

They tried to make it relevant again by making it woke but it chased away the few readers that supported them.

OP here, I'm trans btw.

Yes and nothing valuable is lost.

Cultist thread

Comics have always been "woke"

Attached: letter.jpg (1440x1927, 380.68K)

Yes user, a whole medium that has 1000s of comics written and drawn both mainstream,indie and online and while niche still has enough people to wanna read and make shit is dead because there's woke things in some of books and things have to be majorly popular and sell like crazy for you because you can't accept somethings just aren't.

Attached: lick.jpg (549x438, 122.93K)

>kills new comics
I can still buy and read the good ones that have already been made

no, it just shat, pissed and vomited in their coffin

5D characters and Didio killed DC comics

>support company
>they'll make more woke shit

Attached: Sleepless+ape_000fef_9763328.gif (540x304, 895.95K)

>I don't know what buying used books and helping businesses out it is.

Manga pretty dead quality wise too, it just sells more because people have awful taste.

Attached: manga.png (1479x780, 2.31M)

Attached: bored.jpg (490x750, 119.85K)

>buy off eBay
>support seller who purchased it years ago
oop

being truly "woke" means serving the globalist "progressivism", so depending on the year, that could have been made in good faith
or not, i do not know when this evil truly started

jon's comics sell well enough chuds, move on

Imagine his life. Everyday he wake up, advance search on Twitter to be outrage and consume things he hated.

>i'll just ignore good ones, see, the same thing
it is irrelevant how uch shit industry produces as long as there is a sizable amount of high quality content manga indeed provides

I’m not sure if it dealt the killing blow, but it sure as hell sped up the process.

Yes

Attached: taliban pictures.jpg (2539x2820, 894.76K)

>Cultist thread
>Reddit letter media fans are calling people cultists for pointing corporations don’t actually about
Ironic because RLM are the biggest Disney shills on YouTube.

You say this unironically when the indie creators are being actively crushed by large corporations so they can't get their works published.

Fuck off.

nobody cares about your john whoever he is, go back to r*ddot, discord or whatever hole you crawled from, and stop making slide threads/posts, retard

what the fuck are you even talking about schizo?

The comics died a long time ago, they're just pushing wokeness so they can call Warner Media and Disney "transphobic" if they try to cut their funding

No. Adults hating on comics for doing something different from when they were kids has been around since comics existed. That doesn't mean comics aren't dying though. Be worried when people stop bitching about comics. That means the core audience is dead

Kill? No. But did the woke hurt businesses and themselves in the long run? Yes, that's true in a broad sense. The problem isn't diversity in particular, it's that the woke drove people away to make their safe spaces, people who created and maintained the infrastructure for you to have that space in the first place.
You are like the WNBA. There's a lot of good arguments for their existence, but they aren't self sustaining. They exist by the good grace of the NBA, which subsidize them. But the difference between the WNBA and trans is that the WNBA knows this, and doesn't fuck with NBA's business. They know it would hurt them in the long run.
You have all the right to exist and be heard, but you need to understand you are a niche, a luxury, and in need of actual allies. Not people who say they are allies so they can use you to bolster their own moral standing, but allies that can subsidize your continued existence as a commercial concern. And being allies is mutual. That requires you to not fucking hurt your allies' business. That includes stepping back and letting everyone else do their thing. That means you can't be the center of attention all the time. I know that's practically your raison d'etre, but you have to try.

Shut up cultist. Cry back to Any Forums

No, they kicked me out for being gay. I'm just saying it how it is.

What the fuck are you talking about? That enraged response makes me think you really are a cultist.

Dunno but I don't buy pr read it.

Proof? it's easier than ever to get your comic out there. NOOO THE MEDIUM DEAD NO!! Don't be foolish.