The Critic

Why wasn’t this show better?

Attached: 5B63ADF6-9472-4045-B9D1-102992A7A3E5.jpg (1175x1763, 185.34K)

It stunk?

It stinks

I guess you could say everyone's a critic!! :-)

Dry humor combined with a hard to relate main character for a larger mainstream audience.

Jay Sherman is fat haha please laugh we’re gonna do this joke a lot.

I found him very easy to relate to as a fat smelly pretentious asshole

It's funny that it was ABC, then moved to Fox, and now it's owned by ABC again.

Not enough Duke and Franklin I guess.
It did well in the raitings during FOX, but fox gonna fox.

ABC were actively trying to kill it when it was on then.

I liked it, I think most of the movie jokes hold up except for the ones where they were making fun of whatever was relevant at the time

Attached: Final Critic.png (1034x580, 817.04K)

Well, most people are just fat and smelly idiots, like Homer Simpson. You are the main audience but there are not enough of you to make a difference, at least it used to be like that.

A revival of the critique would be a lot more successful. The problem is that he would probably have to be a youtuber reviewer and you know...

Underrated but dated.
It features a lot of parody of films that were popular at the time. Not everything that ended up being parodied fell by the wayside and some references are interesting as a time capsule. Some moved on to be well loved classics.

It's very interesting to see stuff like Terminator 2 or Jurassic park be parodied alongside some others that maybe weren't as fondly looked back on.

Think Jay can dualcast white meteo with fusoya or golbez?

It was better than almost anything else except for the Simpsons at the time. It only got a couple seasons, could've gotten a couple more. We don't talk about the stuff that came out after the show ended.

What did you expect from the creator of the hit show Queer Duck?

It’s owned by Sony though

First season the network wanted to change it because they felt watching a "rich guy" living in New York won't bring in the ..."lesser" people.

Season 2: the bought in Alice Tompkins, to make Jay more "relatable" but it just ended up tanking the show.

>Not enough Duke and Franklin
Patrician fucking tastes, sir.

it was. it's just that it was airing during prime simpsons. it was a treat having these great shows run at the same time.

>Lonely ugly critic reviewing movies
Based
>Give him a hot wife and a happy family in the second season
Fucking cringe