Was Nicholson a good Joker?

Was Nicholson a good Joker?

Attached: 628A8279-50F9-4572-A591-57BF725EF329.jpg (935x1199, 183.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8UUFSZrYiKA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no.

TRUST
WHO DO YA

HUBBA HUBBA HUBBA
MONEY MONEY MONEY

He was great

No.
He was the best Joker...

The best.
What he said.

better then ledger that's for sure.

He wasn't good. He was awesome. Without him we wouldn't have Hamill's Joker.

>have a parade float and giant balloon
>lure people to you by throwing away money
>immediately gas them
>all while blasting Prince music
Fucking hilarious

I think it's probably one of the best renditions, he's comical and rediculous but at the same time cunning and menacing.

>the only live-action Joker to kill people using the Joker Venom
He was too good.

Attached: 3442424-8436926744-Joker.jpg (320x219, 12.49K)

You know come to think of it, Nicholson played a few unhinged characters. He has a very characteristic kind of energy that lets him go from cool and collected quickly yet seamlessly. I'm not sure what faith he may or may not have had in the film's success but he definitely put in the effort. He really stole the film by a mile which is something considering the star power this film had at the time.

>Sometimes I just kill myself!!!
>He actually "kills himself"
What a madlad

I have no idea why they didn't film the scripted bit of Knox picking up some dollars and realizing they're fake Joker dollars.

Yes

Word is he basically was an uncredited producer on it. Burton would've been fired by Jon Peters during production if it wasn't for Jack.

youtu.be/8UUFSZrYiKA

There's some stories here and there. Apparently, even tho he was interested on the money, he really liked playing The Joker, to the point of trying to be the most comic accurate possible.
>He wanted the long chin and long nose, just copypaste the shit out of comicbook Joker, but couldn't go for it because he's allergic to the glue and make-up stuff, so they had to go for a more "subdued" approach.
>Burton wanted Leto's hair color, bright green. Nicholson told him to change it for a darker one using the comicbooks as a source to proof it would look better, and it worked.
>Nicholson tried for YEARS to come back as The Joker, but Hollywood kept telling him he died. He didn't give a shit because he actually knew Joker was killed off tons of times in the comics and came back anyway.

Which dovetailed nicely with Vicki asking Joker what he wanted at the art museum and him replying "My face on the one-dollar-bill."

That is extremely rad.
Did Nicholson know Burton prior or was this their first time working together?

At least the comic kept it.

Attached: tumblr_3fccae888351c2fc10cc616568edf02f_1893b825_1280.png (884x469, 824.81K)

First time. Their meeting was actually something like this, it's documented and shit:
>Burton approaches Nicholson for the role. He's kind of scared that Jack will refuse, since Batman isn't the type of movie he would do.
>They meet, Jack decides to bring him to ride horses.
>Literally. Ride horses.
>Burton doesn't know how to do it, but Nicholson pushes him. "You will do today".
>Burton manages to ride it well and they both ride for a while. Nicholson ends up accepting to be part of the movie.
>To this day, Burton doesn't know why that happened, or what happened. He thinks it was a test from Nicholson, to see if he had the balls to take over a project as big as that being so young. Funny enough, Jack and Burton become very respectful and close with each other during the filming, even when the production became hellish because of Jon Peters demands. Jack just stood in Burton's side all the time.

Yes. All these modern Jokers don't even tell jokes. How can you be THE JOKER and not tell JOKES?!

What do you mean? Leto was so devoted to the role that he even became a Joke.