How big was Zutara back in the day?

How big was Zutara back in the day?

Attached: 5350731.png (1157x818, 501.65K)

So big that the person who wrote the comics shit all on Mai's character and had her leave Zuko for some OC Donut Steal

Mai leaving Zuko is empowering. It let her become her own character instead of merely being Zuko's girlfriend.

Big enough that searching for fanfics requires filtering that specific pairing.

It's too bad you can't go back in time to see all the shipping wars in Tumblr. It was peak madness.

>t. troll
You probably made that Harley thread about muh empowerment slay kween horse shit.

Massive. There's pretty much one big shipping war every decade, and this was the one in the west during the 00's. 90's was Asuka vs Rei. I dunno what the 10's was. Maybe Adventure Time.

Cope incel.

I wasn't there to witness the Avatar shipping wars myself, but from the descriptions nothing from the 10's comes close.

yes

I'm still surprised the creators never caved in to the fans, Zutara was huge.

Zutara didn't happen because Baldy didn't want his self insert cucked.

Attached: 1660289395667.png (400x332, 65.27K)

Pretty big, I saw fans for it fucking everywhere whenever I tried to look up content or went on nick messageboards. I understand how the dynamic got Zutara a lot of fans but every time I see the show I just don’t get it, I didn’t feel the chemistry at all.
Unrelated but my first exposure to ATLA was from some random episode that came on tv and for a while I thought Sokka and Katara had a romance together

>14 years later and they're STILL seething

>I thought Sokka and Katara had a romance together
So I'm not crazy. Other people see it too.

Except that she doesn't do anything relevant after letting Zuko go anyways.

Gentrification killed them. The closest thing on the 2010s were Adventure Time shitfest or Regular Show's crap Mordecai arc, with Steven Universe's as a distant 3rd, and i guess Star Vs counts. Yet those are nowhere near as autistic. You can still find leftovers of the Zutara fest, but now almost nobody care about any of the other shows.

The biggest fucking thing since sliced bread. I shit you not.

Not Any Forums but Arrow had a massive shipping war of a small but vocal shippers sending gift baskets to the writers, stalking there ship actors, threating actors and real life rival ships. And they won.

>I dunno what the 10's was
Would voltron count?

This shit wouldnt be as big of a deal if Mai wasnt such a shit girl

Honestly OP, no shipping war for any western show has ever approached the whole Zutara thing.

I mean, just go on fanfiction.net and see the proof for yourself.

post zuko she serves the narrative only to bolster zuko's arc, same thing happens with most of the other characters in the comics like ursa or azula

mai would've been fine if they focused any time at all on her character arc and what zuko means to her and vice versa

She is literally the best girl, fuck off.

beach episode mai awoken something in kid me

>I'm still surprised the creators never caved in to the fans,
They did.
That's why Korra and Mako are a thing in the first couple seasons of the sequel.

>zuko
>but with nothing that makes him interesting
girls weren't simping after his design though that changed in the third season, they were simping because he's a classic case of "i can fix him" and he's cute in a weird awkward way