Why do you think there are so many lesbian couples in cartoon but so few gay couples?

Why do you think there are so many lesbian couples in cartoon but so few gay couples?

Attached: fgyb6un5ai431.png (3840x2160, 3.01M)

stolitz is gay

>low social risk
>more women who want to write lesbians in the industry
>the same ammount of men who want to write lesbians in the industry
>a chronic lack of talent

People prefer looking at women than looking at men.

Lesbian writers

You forgot a big one:
>guys who don't want to see a character, male or female having romantic feelings for a guy and developing that, that's gaaay
This happened to be part of what meddled with and ruined the game Remember Me. A straight romance subplot with female protag gets almost entirely edited out and feels empty because of the particular guys who don't want to see the protag fall in love with a guy, even if said protag is a girl. Fuck those guys. So there is definitely a factor of "I can only tolerate romance if they also find girl pretty because I find girl pretty."

There are hardly ever a single reason, more like several interconnected reasons to explain almost ant anything. In this particular case, it's something like this:
>We are at a point where it is still novel enough where it gets automatic praise to feature a homosexual couple, no matter how shit the actual cartoon is.
>However, we are also at a moment in time when a lot of people (in particular, people outside the west) are still negative towards homosexuality, meaning it must be kept to a minimum.
>A lot of the people who make this shit are allegedly lesbian/bisexual themselves and the current environment of the American animation seems like some rabid high school drama bullshit, where everyone is an egotistical weirdo who "want to see themselves represented".
>When it comes to males, they often have a sexual fetish for seeing women do sexual things with other women. Keep in mind of course that it's not the same thing as acceptance, the fetish essentially hinges on a fantasy that ultimately involves the men themselves, the idea basically assumes lesbians aren't actually real (that they can't have meaningful sexual/romantic experiences with other women) and it's in service of men's pleasure. Of course, showing it in a cartoon to ostensibly seem like it's for social acceptance means you can disguise your fetish.
>As proven by the PB/Marceline thing, a lot of cartoon fans will essentially see whatever the hell they want in the content and can basically meme ships into canon. They mostly appear separately and there's basically nothing to imply a romance between them before the final season beyond PB being annoyed by her, which could have meant just about anything and I doubt that's the first thing a network censor would have noticed. Same thing with Korra, people were memeing her to be a lesbian before the show even started.

It's also worth noting that we might actually see a drop in LGBT representation fairly soon, TOH got stealth cancelled for it.

Attached: Yurra korra and yue.png (1000x930, 624.06K)

all them womenz in the shows they are bound to pair up

Because when straight dudes see gay dudes kiss, it elicits a horrible reaction akin to seeing a bunch of cockroaches. There was a study done on heterosexual responses to homosexual stimuli like that.
Couple that with the fact that either women are more predisposed to consider one-another as romantic/sexual partners (either through cultural impact or some evolutionary shit), and its apparent that making two female characters lesbians is safer than making two male characters gay.

Women are treated better and recieve less persecution when they go gay. Not gay btw.

This

Attached: 1659043581554758.jpg (1024x1024, 220.81K)

For all the inundation with propaganda, people ultimately consider them repulsive by nature. Meanwhile even Islamic scholars like lesbians.

Because female gays are fapped to in the south and male ones aren't.

A majority of them are written by straight males.

Attached: Pipimi counter point.jpg (320x324, 47.54K)

Attached: Drunk_homosexual.png (500x627, 476.11K)

Him and the guys from Helluva Boss are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. Considering how much women fetishize gay guys you'd think there'd be more.

Lesbian are more palpable to a general audience.

>Oh shit it backfired.

Attached: CD3878FE-0D51-4E8B-ABE9-2CDB9AC2FE17.jpg (639x997, 228.17K)

>Why do you think there are so many lesbian couples in cartoon but so few gay couples?

Dude, there's like less than 10

It's about the ratio, there are significantly more lesbian couples than gay couples.

Lesbians are more socially acceptable, and also a fetish.