Dexter's Laboratory

What did you think of this episode/short?

Attached: Chicken_scratch_title_card.png (640x378, 267.95K)

It's animated super well but it's disgusting, and ever since learning that Genndy is responsible for the Season 3 redesigns it's fucked me up

The worst.

>have the chance to make a theatrical short of your cartoon
>make it about chickenpox and have Dexter scream in pain and scratch himself in disgusting ways
What the fuck was Genndy thinking? Imagine if Hillenburg made "The Splinter" as a SpongeBob theatrical short.

Anyone have the 1080p widescreen mega of this?

Attached: 31AA781C-4C66-47E6-BE65-277DFBA17671.jpg (1280x720, 164.66K)

It was a bad omen to what was coming with the revival.

Dexter but Ren and Stimpy.

Genndy was based for it. wish WB would release the HD/widescreen version of it that played in theaters

The animation was really nice.

Wait a minute. Hold everything. Chicken Scratch was a THEATRICAL episode. Maybe it was my shit TV in the 2000s, but I could never tell.

It played before the PPG movie.

I was too young to remember anything when the PPG movie came out (born 2001)

Was the chicken suppose to be autistic but from a post 90s view?

>Genndy animated the entire short by himself
what a legend

Attached: Screenshot (715).png (1920x1080, 889.64K)

one of the crew members posted it on Facebook awhile back but the link is dead now. anyone have a backup?

Attached: Web capture_9-8-2022_205350_www.facebook.com.jpg (1058x805, 84.73K)

>This and PPG movie were Genndys only 2D theatrical input.
>After 20 years he’s finally getting thrower the dog bone.

Hope he gets to experiment a lot more seeing his 2D work on the big screen.

Attached: 28B671FC-D83D-41D8-8A55-659BFAB9D52E.jpg (1000x1500, 92.18K)

>the artstyle change in the Savino seasons was based on this short
That kinda makes sense.

Attached: 512.jpg (827x459, 90.65K)

Looks like maybe 6 people even knew that guy posted it. Probably lost media by now

This still looks nicer than Savino Dexter, prob because of Genndy and Craig Kellman

The biggest problem with Savino Dexter was clearly the fact the crew had moved on to The Powerpuff Girls and later on Samurai Jack between the time Ego Trip finished production and the revival got greenlit.

For guys like Craig and Rudish, who originally handled the art direction, you had Paul Stec and Chris Battle, who - while still decent artists - weren't up to that same level.

Jason Butler Rote - the original head writer who was heavily involved in a majority of the original series' writing staff - was only story consultant for 4 episodes of the revival. In his place, there was no head writer and there were like 5 guys who took on the writing duties (Savino, Keating Rogers, the Morrow couple, Walt Dohrn).

>movie came out when I was four
Huh, I always remembered running around the theater out of boredom and pissing my mom off when we saw this, but I thought it was because the movie was bad. Turns out I was just a dumb kid, why the fuck did my mom take me to the movies so young?

Attached: boo wtf.jpg (600x545, 13.67K)