80's cartoon restorations

God I wish

Attached: 1659456081421702.png (1440x576, 1.18M)

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Underlighting
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Didn't Toei animate a lot of the 80s cartoons?

Why would you want to watch the same 7 plots badly animated over and over again?

I love how some people think we don't do that today.

>we

For me it's Grune the Destroyer

Attached: Grune-the-Destroyer.jpg (1077x605, 274.35K)

Thundercats is owned by WB right? good luck convincing Zaslav to spend money on restoring animation when there's 90 Day Fiance spinoffs to greenlight

oh please things are much better now
look at transformers

Thundercats is mostly filler but I'll watch the good episodes (hell the throwaway ones too) a million times before Owl House or whatever tranny shit Any Forums likes.

Attached: ezgif-4-13b6c57c5c.jpg (520x390, 47.71K)

It varied. They were the go-to for Marvel Productions until costs rose and they went for Korea with AKOM. Thundercats wasn't Toei though, rather it was TopCraft. Notably though, the intro was worked on by Masayuki Yamaguchi who wasn't a member of TopCraft.

There's nothing wrong with DVD resolution.

Do you see the glow of the hilt, that cell animation? How did they get that glow effect to look so... Real? So real and warm. Did they have a light projecting through from underneath?

Yes. Now and again in Transformers you might see an error that reveals that, because they don't overlow the effect right and you're left with a black unlit spot. Notice the section of the stack of chips Smokescreen has that aren't lit up due to that.

Attached: Gamblersmokescreenbets[1].jpg (300x225, 58.32K)

I thought so, I knew it must've been something like that but I could never get what I needed.
I wish they brought this effect back, its just so nice.

Here here
I think it is called underlighting
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Underlighting
And I agree it looks amazing. I particularly like when there is a holographic texture to the light.

I always wondered about that. You see it in old anime too. Its so cool looking.

Is this an AI upscale?
It's got the same artifacting but it also looks more like a traceover

i like the original more

probably upscaled

Many such cases.

Too poor to upgrade eh