This movie is 10 years old already. why did it flop?

this movie is 10 years old already. why did it flop?

Attached: nig.png (500x755, 972.18K)

It was fucking terrible

Marvel execs and Disney NEEDED it to flop so they pushed neg pr online.

In reality, it's so much better the mcu ironlad it's embarrassing.

I honestly wanted to see Garfield Spiderman and Dafoe goblin have a battle that was written abd designed by the amazing Spiderman people.

Zoomers that grew up with it unironically think Andrew Garfield is better than Tobey Maguire

But enough about holland

Maguire fucking sucked dude
Dafoe, Simmons, Dunst then Molina had to work fuckibg overtime to make up for him being a charisma and fun vacume.

Not only that he was a selfish bitch.

You got it wrong, it was the next movie that flopped

It was basically a retread of Raimi 1 but worse. Garfield was much better than Maguire but everyone else was worse.

Not wrong, Tobeyfags act like he carried the movies on his back when he was just serviceable

It didn't the second one did

both were still wrong though

His aunt may was better, as well as his Mary Jane. Even Harry Osborn was better.

why did the movie let a normie like Garfield get with a high-tier Stacy like gwen? in real life she would have been getting dicked by Flash and at best garfield would be a beta-bux

Spider-Man was nobody before the MCU.

The second one was good too.

Electros obsession with Spiderman was kind of fucked up though.
He should have been going full revenge then try to he a hero but just fucks it up before going crook

Garfield was a complete flat line ass Peter Parker

The MCU only exists because of the interest generated by blade, then the balls to try with the Spiderman movie.
And The hulk movie generating hype.

You mean Maguire right?

I liked it
AND its sequel

I've liked all the Spider-Man films.

I remember thinking "We want The Dark Knight audience" when looking at posters and trailers of this film which seemed dire. I like Spider-Man more when he's Ditko/Lee in tone meaning the situations and atmosphere are more comedic and personal but still have a sense of weight whenever Peter wants to get serious instead of constant grey filters with the whole city or even the world is in danger. No one asked for Peter's parents to be spies to. It was shit in the comics and it's shit here. Spider-Man should be a complete one and done accident where a guy who could have chosen the path of villainy decides to do good, not out of the good of his heart but because he had to learn it the hard way.

Attached: sandman-vacuum.jpg (862x432, 141.45K)

>Dunst
Let's not get over ourselves here. The Raimi movies got carried hard its villains, not its supporting cast. She is nice eyecandy and can act well I admit that but there was nothing given to her but to be the annoying superhero girlfriend archetype except those few few glimpses into her shitty life with her father.

too dark, peter wasn't loser enough

>you now remember the "Tobey is a good Peter and Bad Spider-Man, Andrew is bad Peter, good Spider-Man" arguments