All art must be entertaining and sell well

>All art must be entertaining and sell well
Where does this mindset come from?

Attached: 1650511860950.jpg (640x640, 108.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/131765737
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outsider_art)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

When art was first starting.

Are you still seething that no one liked the Smiling Friends Brazil episode

desuarchive.org/co/thread/131765737

Attached: 1659963119667.png (800x600, 121.55K)

Are you trying to say the untold generations of cave painters, storytellers and early music wasn’t really art?
Art predates money you retarded gorilla nigger, and it definitely was not invented in Renaissance Italy, or on commission.

You sound like some coping agent or industry hack.

ALL ART MUST GIVE ME A BONER AND MAKE ME WANT TO FUCK

Art can be for art's sake, but entertainment needs to appeal
I know this is a flailing retard's thread but I thought that needed to be said

Anyone can make just about whatever art they want, and in turn the people have the right to experience that art at there discretion, I don’t see what the problem is

>entertainment needs to appeal
To who? Everyone? The majority? You specifically?

And here we go again with you retards bumping this faggot's thread

Nigga kys

Like you're any better

Attached: Jackie [sound=https%3A%2F%2Ffiles.catbox.moe%2Filqpp1.mp3].png (1000x800, 590.74K)

>All art must be entertaining
If it's not entertaining then what is it?
>and sell well
no

Engaging

Where is this guy now? Is he embarrassed for this? Or is he acting like a chronic masturbaiter?

>Capitalism Bad!
Feel free to leave anytime pinko

Speaking of which, Communism won't let any art be made if it doesn't serve the country's wishes. So no, you DON'T have more freedom in a non capitalist system.

This again?

Attached: Monkey.jpg (1042x760, 766.4K)

>all
No one ever said this, but if you want to live of your art you need shit that sells, that's all. If you want to do art for art's sake you are free to do such, in fact, a lot of people do and it's fine with it.

the quote isn't even from him

All entertainment must be entertaining. If you want to make "art" then by all means but don't expect blow jobs from the public for doing it.

Nope, you can do art as a form of meditation, see Sand Mandalas for example. Sometimes art is not for the others but for you, a bunch of people do art they have no intent for other's to see (mostly outsider artists en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outsider_art)

Are you just hung up on the word "sell" and would agree that if the stone ages had had "professional artists", they would have faced equivalent pressures to needing money in a market economy? I mean you've got to convince the others *somehow* that you're being so useful that they should share food and shelter with you in order to keep you around.

It would be different for hobbies of course, but I don't think that's what either OP or you are talking about.

I'm a aware of that. That doesn't excuse the real video of him crying over star wars or whatever it was and I don't believe it was a joke. Poes law is dead.

You won't like the answer, but its Capitalism.

The best way to do it is just appeal to people you like, find your niche and try to make it a living. Plenty of people have done it.

>Where does this mindset come from?
Capitalism.

We've been convinced we live in a meritocracy, where the best produced and reviewed products also perform the best financially. It creates this self-justifying loop: if it made lots of money; it was good, and you know a movie is good when it makes a lot of money. It's a mindset made by the people who make all the money and own all the means of making money, and it bleeds into our culture.

So far, Minions: The Rise of Gru has made $905.1 million at the box office, which is very impressive. But it made that money because Illumination is run by marketing wizards who know how to get their characters in everyone's faces. The Bad Guys - a movie with far better animation, characters, and story, but had much less marketing - comparatively made $245.8 million.

On one hand, for TBG to have done as well as it did, when theaters were beginning to open back up after the Omicron wave and had little advertising, is nothing short of a miracle. But Universal will look at Minions 2, see its ROI, and dump more money into Illumination. And what of indie passion project films that don't come anywhere near those numbers? Are they all trash just because they're not raking in hundreds of millions?

Short version: Capitalism says lots of money = good, not lots of money = bad.

Attached: badguys1-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg (462x463, 51.58K)

To whoever gives you enough money to keep living and producing art. Sometimes you hit jackpot and those people are in line with what you like to do, but even if you do you must be careful, because if for example, you want to explore other stuff in your art your current audience doesn't care about, you're in risk of loosing you livelihood.

>Be le artist in Cummunist society
>Want to perform my prententious dance routine in front of a room full of my peers
>Go to the art hall to get a time
>They assign me a hall at the time when the dancing bear is playing in another hall
>Night comes
>Everyone goes to see the dancing bear
>Only person in the empty row of seats is a passed out alcoholic

No matter what system, you will always have to appeal to people's interest if you want to be successful.

art? whats that. modern western """art""" sucks fucking donkey balls and none of it is new

user, you're in the fucking comic and cartoon board, no one is buying you're some high art connoisseur.

OP is a faggot and has made this thread before