Sandman

What did you think?

Attached: 7C03FFFD-5F33-45CC-B783-73FE52C7FC7A.jpg (750x414, 208.56K)

I don't watch racechange garbage user.

Attached: Death.jpg (682x1135, 72.01K)

Watching Sandman the adaptation is probably like watching Watchmen the movie, it superficially looks the same but everything that made the original great is completely absent. I'll pass

>it superficially looks the same
Not even. Dream is a Twilight reject, and Death was made black purely because she was a fan-favorite and she was white as a ghost. Sort of like what they did with L in their Death Note adaptation.

Here's to another 700+ posts, fellas.

Remember: stay aloof.

Twilight is actually good unlike this racechange garbage. :)

It's pretty good, and even if it's not your cup of tea, it wasn't the train wreck people wished for.

I turned it off when Lucien showed up as a black woman. Turning everyone's first cute goth gf into an ugly black woman wasn't enough for them.

no one watched it. we were too triggered by the women and black people

>I don't watch racechange garbage user.
>(proceeds to post garbage)
Okay

Is 19th century Johanna and modern day Johanna the same person?

I watched the preview and realized they half assed the make up and affects so it's not worth my time.

>troons and faggots can't help but undermine themselves
This is the best part, except for the next one

I skipped straight to the diner episode and it wasn't bad but also nowhere as messed up as the source. It was less DD toying with people and just forcing them to be honest with each other (which mostly revolved around relationship drama). Then Morpheus shows up and somehow that was the worst part of the episode

identical descendant

thank you for cementing my decision not to watch it.

just kidding, there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell regardless.

It was not awful. I did enjoy some of it. The race changes and gayness for some characters are fine until it seems so incongruous with the era and unrealistic that it takes you out of the story.

When literally every relationship in the show so far in the show either interracial, gay, or gay and interracial you do get the feeling you are being preached to and it stops the suspension of disbelief because a gay interracial relationship taking place in the early 1900s England seems strange.

I love the source material; Gaimans comic is excellent and some of that shines through in the show.

However, a lot of the additional writing is fucking awful. They had a scene where bizarrely Johanna Constantine meets a black female Church of England priest who is surreptitiously marrying a princess to a black footballer. The conversational exchange is bizarre and cringe. It is like an American doing a bad impersonation of what they think English people are like. ‘Royal family, football/soccer, bruv.’ It just sounds like such an unrealistic and irritating conversation that took me out of the story completely.

6/10 could have been better.

Death in the show has really nice milkers so the raceswap is fine with me.

Death was the only bad casting decision in my opinion
Rest of the cast is great

was mentioned in other threads, but they screwed up the battle of wits in hell so bad i'm questioning if neil actually was involved with the show or just went full james-cameron-shilling-terminator-sequels mode

Yes I was wondering that as well. They had Lucifer fight Morpheus for the contest instead of Choronzon. That was strange. Why do you think they made that change?
It sort of makes Lucifer seems less powerful and intimidating knowing he could lose to Dream. Odd.