How come modern cartoons doesn’t get much merchandise and toys compared to older cartoons?

How come modern cartoons doesn’t get much merchandise and toys compared to older cartoons?

Attached: 61F40700-86D4-43FC-BFF5-3298B3D0F3A8.png (1440x1440, 3.63M)

Because even literal children aren't as infantilised as millennials

Shows like paw patrol get plenty of toys. The shows you're thinking of are not cartoons for children, but cartoons for manchildren, so they get retarded funko pops instead.

plastic is bad for the environment :(

who the fuck wants merch of modern cartoons?

SU had merchandise

Also most babies now, don't want toys, all they want / have to play with is tablets.

You grew up

1. kids don't play with toys that much anymore because of endless free content online
2. majority of modern cartoons are made for manchildren, who buy different kind of merch, not regular good old action figures
3. you are adult and terminally online so you don't look around children's toy shelves like you did as a kid

Fuck, I'd love to get some of these for my desk.

Wow those look like shit

Kids doesn't play with toys anymore

It's both cheaper and more profitable to give them access to something online to play with. I'll never forget how let down I was when I found that the prizes in Cracker Jack boxes had been reduced to QR codes.

>. kids don't play with toys that much anymore because of endless free content online
toy salesare actually remaining consistent in the face of digitalization compared to TV or print media

while reading or watching content has been eclipsed by online distribution
boardgames and toys have maintained a comparative advantage, you still cant download a transformer

Because most of the new cartoons are aimed fot twitter faggots and Mattel and Hasbro killed the action figure market with their duopoly.

This

Utter bullshit

Barely, just got knockoff lego by McFarlane iirc.

>Mattel and Hasbro killed the action figure market with their duopoly.
Did you forget about McFarlane Toys?

I'm talking about playline action figures, McFarlane' stuff are for 12 year olds&up.

>Toys R Us went bankrupt in 2018
>it's 2022 and they're *still* trying to "make a comeback" via inserting themselves into Macy's stores and malls 'n shit
did any of you anons visit a Toys R Us when they were closing down?

Attached: 106268380-1574865296918storefront_086_new.jpg (3830x2554, 1M)

the new left activists think that capitalism and money is bad .

>when they were closing down?
No, for I cannot afford children.

the networks just assume kids won't buy them so they don't bother licensing the IPs out to toy companies

Nowadays, cartoon merch is only purchased by adults who can afford giant statues.

Because only grown adults watch cartoons now
Kids are on ipads. Have you seen the Roblox section at Walmart? Pokemon cards? Even Among Us is old news now

Yeah. It was all Imaginext, Minions, and random Pixar shit left on the last days at my local store.