Muh status quo

From the Spider-Man C2E2 Panel with Cebulski and Stegman:

>The Nick Spencer run gets a round of applause when a fan mentions it, but says that they felt a "sharp shift in direction" midway through the run. "I wouldn't say halfway through," Cebulski says, but towards the end, there were storylines that had to be adjusted. "There wasn't anything dramatic or anything we had to force down anyone's throats," he says.

>A fan makes a claim for Peter's black suit as the best-looking Spider-Man, before asking if Marvel ever worries about Peter Parker's arrested development instead of letting the character grow and age. "We have this discussion all the time," Cebulski says. "Giving a character a family, giving a character kids, really does start dating them, because it makes them adults. As much as we as older fans want the characters growing with us, the other thing is that we really do need to keep a focus on the new readers."

>"The thing with Peter Parker is that he always has to be relatable," Cebulski says. "With Peter, it's something we have to handle really delicately." Getting Peter married or having a family is something that Marvel has no interested in.

>A fan asks if there's hope for Peter and Mary Jane. "Spider-Man and Peter Parker is an inspiration for responsibility," they say, adding that there's no greater responsibility than being a parent. "Who here wants Peter and Mary Jane to be married?" he asks, and people cheer and applaud. "I can't give you the nice answer that you want, unfortunately," Cebulski says, adding that just because MJ may be Peter's true love, that doesn't necessarily means that it works out.

Attached: Spider-Man_W6XuLB5.jpg (992x595, 213.19K)

Someone up at Marvel and/or Disney wants so so badly for mainline Peter to be a highschooler like in Ultimate.

Does Marvel even realize that Venom is Eddie's high school age son conceived after he was turned into Venom?

It’s all so tiresome, sometimes I wonder why do I care what happens to Spider-Man at all.

That and Normie is in his double digits now.

Legit i'm getting to the point where I'm straight up giving up on new Spider-Man comics. having him and his supporting cast go through the same cycles over and over is fucking tiring.

>"I wouldn't say halfway through," Cebulski says, but towards the end, there were storylines that had to be adjusted.
Probably as much of an admission as we'll ever get that Kindred's was meant to be Harry.

>"There wasn't anything dramatic or anything we had to force down anyone's throats," he says.
Nobody except the readers, and who cares about them?

>Cebulski says. "Giving a character a family, giving a character kids, really does start dating them, because it makes them adults.
Even if they keep Peter eternally in his 20s, and by extension keep every other Silver Age teen character in their 20s too, that's still an adult, and they don't seem to get this.

>Getting Peter married or having a family is something that Marvel has no interested in.
>"Who here wants Peter and Mary Jane to be married?" he asks, and people cheer and applaud.
Marvel are 100% aware of what the fans want, but are 100% committed to never letting them have what they want. Don't give them your money until people like this are fired.

>"I can't give you the nice answer that you want, unfortunately,"

Just tell us who in Marvel or Disney we'd need to murder in order to get OMD undone. I'm sure somebody will take one for team to get the greater good done

>thing with Peter Parker is that he always has to be relatable
Who the fuck finds selling your marriage to devil and being in a state of satanic divorce relatable?

>Spider-Man and Peter Parker is an inspiration for responsibility
How is selling your marriage to the devil an appropriate inspiration for responsibility?

>I can't give you the nice answer that you want, unfortunately,
Tell us the names of people who are standing in the way need to be gotten rid off. I want an enemies list at least.

Same, I thought with Spencer's run that they were finally willing to let it go and allow Peter to move on but they realized Spencer was serious about getting them engaged again and put the brakes on it. That and giving the big finger to Ben.

How old is Normie now? If he is 11 peter is definitely in his 30's.

Dylan is a fast-aging clone, user.

>Who the fuck finds selling your marriage to devil and being in a state of satanic divorce relatable?

Heh, nothin personnel kid.

Attached: quesadilla (2).jpg (630x721, 85.78K)

Nobody knows. Art changes between the books. The Osborns are we ended from mythological shape-shifting fae.

MJ is also becoming a mutant, she will probably be a hero in the new MJ/Cat comic. So I don’t see her being a mom going into DW if she’s a hero afterwards

Oh. It's personal. If I had a time machine I'd go back in time 2003 and kill Quesada with absolutely no remorse.

>Tell us the names of people who are standing in the way need to be gotten rid off. I want an enemies list at least
I want to make puppets and pray to satan for the demise of my enemies.

>"Giving a character a family, giving a character kids, really does start dating them, because it makes them adults.
Meanwhile Luke Cage is married and has a daughter who is getting older, Deadpool has a daughter, Eddie Brock has a daughter, Jubilee has an adopted son, numerous New X-Men characters who were teenagers when they were introduced are now early 20’s, Miles is almost out of High School, the list goes on. This notion that Peter can’t evolve as a character because it’ll age him is ridiculous

>"The thing with Peter Parker is that he always has to be relatable," Cebulski says.
Peter hasn’t been relatable in years.
Despite being twenty, he’s become a billionaire, sold his marriage to a devil, had his body swapped with an evil octopus man, met several alternate versions of himself fight alternate universe vampires, fought clones, and witnessed the death of the universe.
And that is just the recent stuff.

Unless they mean relatable as in he has to pay rent. Woo.

You trying to make some kind of sarcastic point how we shouldn't be holding a grudge and wanting know the names of people responsible? If the people responsible are so proud of maintaining OMD, why be cowardly and hide their identities?

expecting capeshit characters to have growth that sticks and not have dumb, repetitive drama is just setting yourself up for disappointment. There's a reason why everybody just says stick to particular runs

Attached: 1637802814117.jpg (599x707, 143.85K)

I'm actually kind of disgusted by these damage controlling answers. It's basically a roundabout way of saying "fuck you, we do what we want" to fans while also coming off as bitter from personal issues. How the fuck is having a family not relatable? The REAL answer is that Marvel editorial is full of lazy writers who see perpetual relationship drama as easy scripts. Furthermore, how the flying fuck do you stare at a crowd, telling you you're pissing everything away, and not waver?

Attached: 1459387680874.jpg (426x304, 20.3K)

Peter has the biggest editorial chains. Nobody is worried about luke cage losing popularity. The best you will get is a Cyclops situation where they get future kids visiting but never actually have them

>The REAL answer is that Marvel editorial is full of lazy writers who see perpetual relationship drama as easy scripts.

To be fair, if you found out you have a billionaire franchise and all you have to do is write some simple classic sitcom stories every week would you change the status quo? Anyone can write Spider-Man stories without fucking up because it is so simple meanwhile Hulk and X-men needs the craziest ideas to sustain the fandom.

Peter has super strength, is a genius, and fucks many super model tier women. Yet they are worried a wife and kids will make him unrelatable. I want a poll because I swear most regular comic buyers are adults and not the teens they are hoping to attract

Here's the thing those two fucks don't understand: The only people still reading comics are old fans. Even if we assume the goal of catering to new readers, that business plan is doomed to fail. Why? BECAUSE NEW READERS WILL INEVITABLY FIND OUT ABOUT OMD AND GET PISSED ABOUT IT TOO.

This is just Marvel refusing to admit they fucked up

I was a little surprised by how open he was in just saying "yep Peter can't get married and don't expect them to" although I guess Slott has been saying that for years but I always wrote that off as him being bitter about the marriage in the first place

>yfw we have been blaming slott and quesada but it has always been bigger than them

Attached: 1656259769773.png (275x282, 36.81K)

Todays panel really showed it was Cebulski

Lowe, Wells, Spencer, Slott, they can write any story they want but Cebulski will tell them to change it