Is Keatonman the only one to nail the right mix of seriousness and campyness...

Is Keatonman the only one to nail the right mix of seriousness and campyness? Also why isnt campy seriousness more of a thing, instead of getting either straight realism of Nolan or silliness of Adam West?

Attached: image.jpeg.jpg (2000x1333, 471.99K)

Keaton is really the only one to sell Batman being a buyable.

It's a mixture of his acting, the personality he gave to the character, and how he looks physically (not just the costume). Campyness is an overused word but I get what you mean.

Attached: e0b0c349-38aa-415d-bc85-ff3a9cb88df5.jpg (720x542, 31.19K)

Adam West played the character mostly seriously in absurd situations which was the source of the comedy. He could have done similar with serious writing.

Am I the only one who doesn't likeBatKeaton?

kilmer was a good bruce wayne but a terrible batman

Probably. Keaton is the total package, he looks, acts, and dresses like a guy who would do what he does.

Other actors seem to be just a guy fitting a role or being apologetic about it.

Attached: e4a0bac99ba00f11626b65e18e8c43ee--vintage-magazine-rolling-stones.jpg (600x719, 92.06K)

Eh, Keaton, in the old movie at least, didn't really sell me on being a convincing playboy billionaire. Keaton now could probably do it, but at the time I don't think he had it down.

It's a similar issue to Spider-Man. The actors tend to manage to nail one side or the other, but rarely both.

I really like his Bruce but not his Batman

It's those insane eyes and Nicholson eyebrows

Was watching the Shining one time, and during the bathroom scene with Delbert Grady, I said only one other actor can bug out better than Nicholson, and without hesitation my wife said Michael Keaton. Guy is like a live electrical wire

West had the chops to do a serious Bats. Kind of a shame we never got to see a big screen West/Ward reunion movie like we got from the Star Trek crew

>Eh, Keaton, in the old movie at least, didn't really sell me on being a convincing playboy billionaire
I think this version played up the "eccentric billionaire" aspect of Bruce and downplayed the "playboy" aspect
Like I could totally see most of these people only interacting with Bruce or women wanting to date him because of his image but they don't want to deal with his actual personality
It's sort of why he and Vicki were attracted to each other, she actually wanted to know him and he was taken aside by it for once and didn't know how to deal with those feelings

Agreed. Also interesting to note that every Batman mask is literally modeled after Michael Keatons real face and cowl from, Val to Affleck.

The pointed eyebrows, the furrow in the centre, the prominent side cheek bones and temples. They're pretty much wearing Michael Keatons face because they don't naturally posses those features.

Attached: johnny-dangerously-1-michael-keaton-as-johnny.png (853x480, 440.24K)

To be fair, he confidently put the moves on Vicki (holding her up on dates) and getting Selena in the office, maybe it was the way he does it.

No, you never are the 'only person'. Nobody is.

>Batman being a buyable
What did he mean by this?

I assume the “a” is a typo, and he just meant “Batman being buyable”

Believable?

I never noticed that, explains why the cowl and mask fit him so well. they really designed it for his face

Yes.

Yeah there's a sort of seamlessness to it all, one package.

Attached: Tumblr (1).png (587x960, 366.61K)

Never noticed that. Excellent point.
Pattinson Batman broke the mold (literally).