Unsounded

Biting the umbilical cord.
Like a lion.
Or something.

Attached: ch17_16[1].jpg (600x900, 290.57K)

they're on first name basis now! frens

>duane only offers a suggestion, not an order
>quigley still cries
Why does he have to be such a bitch

best Sette face in a while

Is that the first time Quigs has used Duane's name? Progress I suppose

I think that's the first time that anyone in the present timeline's used it other than Sette.

I wanna say that Toma has called him Duane at some point during the last chapter or so.

Attached: tfw.jpg (500x336, 46.22K)

Whoa, Quigs actually called him by his name!

Yep, that right there is a gosh-darned genuine first

I love these assholes so much

Toma is also a layman, so he can buy into the idea that Duane is a persona lot easier than Elka or Quigley could. Much like it'd be pretty easy to trick a layperson that you have a sentient AI vs someone that has actually studied artificial intelligence. Though even this is a conscious thing, before this Quigley would still catch himself talking to Duane as if he was a person but then later when he thinks about it cry out that Duane is fake. Now however I think he is really starting to see Duane has a person due to that complexity he has demonstrated and the empathy he so undeservedly received by this dead countryman of his.

He will still claim that Duane is a construct and not sentient, but we all know Quigley lies even to himself now and he doesn't actually believe it.

>I wanna say that Toma has called him Duane
I'm sure he has too

>Ashley sitting at her desk as she knows exactly how long it will take for readers to make a reaction image out of his panel.

Attached: Laughing Ashley.gif (400x200, 244.71K)

Spoiler: she actually revealed that image on the discord during the break, along with one other sneak peak. :)

Attached: MLEHHH.png (371x230, 118.85K)

this one is even more "she knew what she was doing"

F A I S

Cope always knows what she's doing.

Attached: leave ashley alone she knows what shes doing.jpg (454x509, 69.36K)

This page is full of tremendous character growth. It's delicious.

1. Sette biting that flesh umbilical cord, going out of her way to help a nobody whose name she doesn't even know. Chapter 1 Sette absolutely would not have done it, she would have said it sucks to be him and yelled at Duane to just leave him.

2. Quigley calling Duane by his name. Quigley has spent the entire book calling Duane anything he can to make it clear he's not a person. If he calls Duane by his name-- whether it was on purpose or a slip of tongue-- it means he's ceased to see Duane as an "it" and now sees him as a person.

Long ago, Duane said, "You will see, plat! And we shall be friends! Mark me." I believe he may have finally reached Quigley.

Duane sympathising with him in the ride really had an effect on him
Now they can finally have canon sex

>Sette biting that flesh umbilical cord, going out of her way to help a nobody whose name she doesn't even know. Chapter 1 Sette absolutely would not have done it
Yeah, but Sette has done similar stuff many times now. She is a good girl with a constantly crumbling fake-villain facade.

Attached: needle.jpg (207x331, 18.52K)

Great, now I'm stuck wondering if her tongue really is outsized or not but being creeped out by the idea of actually looking through old comics to see it it is.

I don't think she woulda done it during "A Good Night For Crazy" when she helped Jivi. And I don't think she woulda done it during the whole Deadly Nevergreen debacle.

She just took a level here and it's glorious.