Bionicle

what is the best Bionicle movie Any Forums?

Attached: b.jpg (179x269, 29.95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NxlAFlneppU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Web of Shadows.
It's probably the most interesting plot wise and isn't afraid to be a bit edgy at times. 1 and 2 aren't bad but definitely feel more like obvious toy tie-ins. Interesting connection with Greg Weisman though.
The Legend Reborn is produced by the same guy who directed Foodfight so that should tell you a lot about its quality. Michael Dorn is killer in it, though.

Attached: 1657977492286.jpg (604x438, 52.96K)

These were so confusing as a kid

I think Legends of Metru-Nui feels like the most well put-together experience.

All of them are obvious rush jobs both writing and animation wise. Mask of Light and Legends of Metru Nui especially seem like they kept changing the script during production. And for Web of Shadows, the creators admitted Lego didn't care for the movie and gave them no direction.
I like LoMN the best because I like how much they crammed into it, we go from seeing Metru Nui's golden age to its apocalyptic destruction and the discovery of a new home. It feels the most like an old mythological epic even if the execution is sloppy and relies too much on the comics and books to explain the details. So I like it more for its ideas and its place in the lore. The animation quality is all over the place too.
WoS is the most daring and thoughtful but because it's set within LoMN, it kinda ends up feeling like filler.
MoL is fun and has that classic early Bionicle tone but it didn't grab me even as a kid, and the ending is a pile of incoherent bullshit.
TLR is just painfully bland. It's not even fun to discuss.

I like the Legend movie because they look more like the toys in that one,

legends of metru nui remains my favorite movie

youtube.com/watch?v=NxlAFlneppU

Mask of light I saw on the theatre and loved how it included the Bohrok for about 5 seconds, but Metro Nui I remember having a better story with more going on.

I remember literally nothing about these movies aside from how bored/ happy I was when I was like 8

Everyone always bitches about the characters' designs in these movies while the environment design and general non-character art direction is underappreciated. That early 2000s CGI has a certain charm to it too, I admire how many different environments and effects they tried to pull off without having the tech and budget to do them properly.

Attached: ga metru production art.jpg (1215x656, 173.6K)

I miss when Bonkle threads used to get more activity. We haven't had a good one for quite a while but I guess there isn't anything left to say about it.

You didnt follow the comics, the live updates on the website and read the in description about all the action figures you bought?

i wonder how the equivalent of this thread would go down on /lit/

I'm between Web of Shadows and Legends of Metru Nui, both are great. One is action heavy and the other world-building heavy.

Attached: Fearless and cocky.png (1920x1080, 739.48K)

desu my favorites is hard tel, because I like all three of them.

>Michael Dorn is killer in it, though.
him and Jim Cummings as Ackarr were perfectly cast.

yes

Not that user, but I did. Even played the game adaptation of Mask Of Light. Wasn't sure how to feel about the changes to the story but the ending was interesting. Did Lego even compile all those old comics into a proper omnibus release or something?

I think Lego released some graphic novels, although they're retardedly expensive these days if you ever find them on sale. There is BioMediaProject if you're looking to read the comics or booms for free online tho.

Attached: E8dru9tXIAk2bRE.png (2048x1415, 984.13K)

Favorite Bionicle design? Mine is the Rahkshi

Attached: 1200px-Comic_Rahkshi.jpg (1200x1708, 514.97K)

However... Roodaka

Attached: Why WoS? Yes.gif (1008x568, 3.82M)