I seriously hope you guys don't do this

I seriously hope you guys don't do this.

Attached: 851F154D-7DBB-4A96-B916-E2E420268441.jpg (1200x611, 223.05K)

I don't buy modern comics

I don’t pay for comics. I read them for free online. They’re just images, I’m not going to pay for images.

Don't worry, I won't. I haven't bought a comic since 2012.

See if this was a healthy industry this wouldn't be a problem because somebody else would see it on the shelf and buy it.

Really? Comic book stores stand and fall with half of my monthly entertainment budget?

Don't you have to0out down a deposit for that?

Only to leftist-run comic stores.
Then I pick up my pull list from my based LCS.

Attached: 1604451835479.png (894x582, 481.68K)

But you will buy NFTs motherfucker.

>not having a card to charge when the comics from the pull list arrive
>this forces the customer to come to the store to pick up the comics they ordered, maybe grab something else while they’re in, store doesn’t lose money if they don’t
It’s not the 1970s, nobody I know even carries cash for anything except buying drugs.

The point of a pull list is that your books aren't put on the shelf. They're held for you for you to pick them up. This is to insure that you won't miss an issue of a series you really want.

Not at my shop, and I don't think that's common. You just tell them what books you'll buy every month and he holds an issue for you, and you just buy them when you come to the store.

No, I sell NFTs.
Big difference.

Attached: maxresdefault.png (1302x1058, 462.56K)

>$1,481
Let's do some math here. Let's say the current price of a comic is $5 an issue. I know it's more like $4 in most cases, but let's just say $5. That would be just under 300 issues put aside for pull lists, or 100 issues a month. A CBR poll showed about 50% of the CBR people with pull lists had anywhere from 1-4 comics on their list. There are a few whales with over 20 titles, but most pull lists tend to be small. Let's say 5 comics per person for the sake of argument.
So the owner of this comic book store let 20 people order up a list of comics each, got burned, and did it again the next month, and again the next. Because the pull list is to make sure someone gets an issue, it's not the only copy in the store or anything. This moron could have easily waited until the next month, and pulled copies off the shelves to meet a pull-list order if the person actually showed up to pay. Instead they went ahead and ordered extra copies, again and again.
Pull-lists are for regulars, not anyone who asks. Business decisions like this are why many comic book stores have died off.

Yes but after a certain time passes and you don't pick it up they just put it on the shelf and then it's up for grabs...unless you are in a dying industrym that nobody buys anymore.

Also to my experience usually store owners ask for some money up front for such a service as holding an issue for someone to pick up at a later date just to ensure that they will pick it up.
So if they don't show up they keep that money and sell the issue to anybody else that may want it.

>Pull comics for people
>Put a time limit on it
>Once the time limit runs out, place it back for public purchase
Simple as.

I give my lcs plenty of money but typically only keep the bare minimum on my pull list
Also my LCS required a card number down on the chance that you're not in contact to pick up in 100 days so they charge what's in the box then cancel the pull list

>unlimited storage
not even once

The amount of Funko Pops in the backgrounds makes me hesitant to walk into any direct market comic book store.

My comic shop is still on full coivd mode. Masks, behind some stupid plastic screen, 5 foot rule, only let a few people in at a time. My entire state dropped all the requirements and barely anyone wears them still. It's such a bitch to get the 1 comic I still read. I think I'm just gonna ghost them, I really can't be assed in talking to them.

People would just buy the tpb collecting everything which will be out by then instead of picking up issues 4 5 and 6 of some run

...Why don't they just make you pay for it as soon as it arrives? That way it's your own loss if you don't go pick it up.

Checked

Why don't they just ask for payment up-front? Then if people don't pick up their comics, the store doesn't lose any money.

I don't preorder comics. I don't even buy comics much other than an occasional independent. I still go to comic cons but it's usually for other things. I think my days of digging through the long white boxes are over with.

I would too.