LOL what a faggot

The New Gods shit is absolute faggotry. How did DC allow this retared shit? The "Anti-Life Equation"? Ridiculous.

Were people who bought comics in the 1970s complete mongoloids?

Attached: images (15).jpg (192x262, 14.19K)

Pleb.

>MUH GRANNY GOODNESS
You Kirbyfaggots are a disgrace.

>MUH GRANNY GOODNESS
Sigmund Freud would've destroyed DC fags.

I’m with you user. Everybody sucks him off but if Jack Kirby was alive and in his prime today I would absolutely /HEEM/ that droopy-eyed bitch. I don’t care how much military training he’s had.Team Eisner for life.

Attached: file.png (400x400, 286.18K)

Say that to my face tranny (pic related I’m Will Eisner)

Attached: EF26A686-CC9A-448E-9F98-1FAD2F5CC231.jpg (220x301, 11.41K)

This faggot ruined Disney when they made him CEO

>Were people who bought comics in the 1970s complete mongoloids?
might as well get rid of the date, OP. We're all mongoloids but only one went full retard and that you.

What else did you hate about the New Gods? I takes awhile for the story narrative to pick up? And do you only hate the New Gods title or do you hate all the Fourth World books?

Based Will

I hate anything having to do with any of the New Gods shit:
1. They aren't gods.
2. They aren't new, per their own lore.
3. The Anti-Life Equation nonsense is obscenely stupid, even for comic books.
4. The cutesy names they have. "Dark Side" but spelled in LE QUIRKY WAY. Desaad, named after a meanypants Frenchman born on another planet thousands of years after him? Granny Goodness? Come the fuck on. Worse than "Savage Opress."

I get that comics aren't high art but there's a limit to how much retardation is acceptable, and New Gods goes way over that line.

what happened was in the 40s and 50s Jack Kirby worked closely with Stan Lee, in particular Stan Lee, who was various stages of editor as his career progressed and while Jack was a superstar comic creator there's no up to go to from there

by the time the late 60s rolled around Jack felt like Stan/Marvel had used his talents and cum in his wife without properly rewarding him a few too many times so he got in this big slap fight with Stan about it and left Marvel to go to National (DC), who promised him the freedom to start a new comic book universe with a serialization that ran across short-lived books: it was going to be a kind of visual novel rather than a load of crossovers

as soon as he got to DC Jack found out they only really wanted him to put his name on their books (something that he and Stan had pioneered back at Marvel, since adopted across the industry) in order to sell more comics because their sales were in long-term decline (this would eventually nearly kill the company in 1978, one year after formally adopting the name DC Comics although it appeared on some lines before that)

Jack didn't like that because he felt it screwed over other less famous but in his magnanimous view equally talented creators, so he ended up writing Etrigan and Jimmy Olsen books because nobody cared; his New Gods line didn't sell well

he soon left DC but was too proud to go back to Marvel Comics: so his old pal Stan found him jobs out in LA working on tv and cartoons with people who appreciated Jack's work

then in the 80s a friendly DC editor told jack if he came back for the bare minimum of work he'd get reprint residuals on everything, part of DC's new settlement to woo creators to their dying company (they were trying to sell it to Jim Shooter's Marvel by then), so he went back and did a little bit more New Gods

but yeah tl;dr that's what happens when creators stop listening to their editors and can't tell who's rooting for them and who has it in for them

>3. The Anti-Life Equation nonsense is obscenely stupid, even for comic books.

Contextual to a lot of stuff commonly believed in the 1970s, it's fairly tame. People still took Erich von Daniken seriously at the time.

It would be like a 90s comic book (lol if the entire industry wasn't on fire at the time) which pulled together bits of the X-Files and Stargate SG1 and Babylon 5 into a sci-fi story. It'd get readers! They'd love the context but not really remember it. And then years later things being as they are it'd be in reprint and there would be sequels and nobody would be able to explain why this absolute crock of shit was ever popular.

>Jack Kirby
Initialy i disliked the "caveman" faces he put in all characters, but i grew to be fond of his style, specially the colors and compositions.

I personally hate the New Gods stuff because I hate any kind of religious stuff in comic books. They're comic books. Same reason I hated Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

Religion is a serious thing. It shouldn't be part of a superhero comic book.

>real life fiction shouldn't be in comic book fiction
Nigga, seriously?

Zoomer bait thread

>he soon left DC but was too proud to go back to Marvel Comics
Are you forgetting how in the late 70s he actually returned to Marvel? He wrote Captain America (pic related) and created the Eternals.

oh yeah

I always forget that the Eternals came second, but I guess he'd had time to refine the ideas by then

pays to work with people who get you I guess, thanks user

>forgot pic

Attached: download.png (970x1500, 1.99M)

>pays to work with people who get you I guess
He really didn't enjoy the experience. On his return to Marvel they treated him like shit. Editors filled his Captain America letter pages with just the complaints. His style helped create the Marvel House style but the bullpen now just viewed him as old fashioned. Of course people may dispute this and say, well, Kirby's writing was never good in those series and times had moved on. But yeah.

No idea how the Eternals was actually received at the time.

Thanks for the dubs and your view OP. I'm always interested to hear and read other reader's view no matter how different they are from mine. I find that to be even better honestly.

I'm a Kirby fan and You're right about your points. Kirby wanted to transition his so called "gods" to reflect the modern word so if you start picturing them as stand in for technology it opens them up to be more meaningful then his classical gods from Marvel and his Space Gods take that evolved into the Eternals but was first experimented with his Inhumans. Stan really muddied up his chances of telling his story so you see a lot of patterns recurring in his work. DC then fucked him over too. He want to be more like Stan in editing books from his West Coast operations something DC promised him he was only going to do the first issue and pass them over to creators like Don Heck, Wally Wood and Steve Ditko. DC felt having Kirby on the books full time was a better business move so they kept him and asked him to do one of their big character i.e. Superman or Batman. This is where Kirby didn't want to take work from anyone else so he picked Jimmy Olsen as a loophole to still meet DC's wishes of drawing their heavy hitters on a monthly book. DC then screw Kirby over because he wanted the Forever People to be published first but DC wanted their flagship character adjacent book to introduce's new titles. DC then told Kirby he was going to stay each book full time. This is why those early issues took awhile to get epic and why he never planned out a definitive take on the whole Anti-Life Equation. George Lucas took most of Kirby's formula (along with other classic sci-fi and pulp) to create Star Wars. So far from DC's standpoint, Anti-Life Equation is having no freewill while Life is freedom to grow. You really have to think of this like the Hippie Counterculture since this is what was influencing Kirby at the time. Nixon against the youth is basically Darkseid vs Forever People.