Artists of Any Forums whats the best advice you would give to someone who has an interest in art?

Artists of Any Forums whats the best advice you would give to someone who has an interest in art?

Attached: skotc.jpg (449x487, 55.1K)

don't go to /ic/

Stay the fuck away from twitter and don't share your early, shitty drawings online. Both will only demoralize you

You're just gonna hear practice over and over, why are you still asking

soundest advice you will hear. also take courses, if that is a thing at your place. not university stuff but online shit on youtube and such, there's boatloads

Flip your fucking drawings before you post them.

Seriously, before I got gud it was a goblin 90% of the time I did that.

Go to art sites (and twitter) to post and look for reference, never read or talk unless it's commission or sharing advice with fellow artists.
For the art itself, learn some basic physics if you are going for realism. Keep consistent design (proportion, color, positioning) if cartoony.
Most of all spend at least twice as much time drawing than you do looking up how or what to draw.

Make more money and just pay someone else to do it. Way less headache that way.

Unironically this, being an art slave is cuck shit

Save the grooming till AFTER you strike it big. It's time consuming

Slow down there freud. Some people end up getting payed to draw what they like.

You're just procrastinating at this point.

One sketch a day. For 1000 days. Something different each time.

See if you can try and find an illustrator who teaches drawing nearby. I meet one monthly for one hour, I show him what I have drawn and we set objectives for the next 30 days. A human factor can really help motivating you.

But most importantly, be indulgent with yourself. You'll be drawing crap for a while before things improve, but that should not discourage you. The more you draw, the closer you get to being decent.

>we set objectives for the next 30 days
For FREE? And you just up and talk to a complete stranger?

draw

Serious answer: Trace. Find a character you like, or whatever it is, and trace images or artwork of them. Do this constantly, until you naturally get fed up with seeing the same poses.

Would you believe me if I said being an artist is 90% about stealing from other artists?

Eventually, you will want to see the character doing more things, and it will force you to draw freehand to achieve this, without tracing. Your fundamentals will be shit, but you will be VASTLY more competent than you were when you started, and it will actually look like the subject in question.

THEN, you look up some courses. No long-winded shit, just basic anatomy tips like: the thigh (femur) and tibia being similar in length, hands not being considerably smaller than the head, drawing the collarbone, muscle groups, arm/forearm length (if you have a shit attention span you can just google an anatomy diagram, try to memorize the basic distances and shit).

Learn vanishing points, basic lighting and shading (this can be observed even without courses really).

If you ever get stuck, remember. Steal, steal, steal.

Attached: 0d9bd90e-0b8d-4501-bb62-b59f20de7088_screenshot.jpg (640x480, 20.54K)

based burglar.
yeah, stealing shit definitely helps if you want to achieve a certain style, but I would recommend first looking tutorials on how to do fundamental shit like basic anatomy and perspective first, then moving on to burgle mode until you get what you desire.

From personal experience, I have found that you can greatly improve by just practicing basic shit for a short while, merely discovering and experimenting with certain techniques, which doesn't even have to be practiced a trillion times. Basically, smart work is better than constant work, to a degree.

Attached: etthips.gif (112x112, 796.86K)

information is key early on. The earlier you learn important concepts the easier it is to incorporate them into your art. also grind as much as you can while learning too. You are 100% going to suck early on but just keep grinding and studying.

>whats the best advice you would give to someone who has an interest in art?
still learning between music and tabletop gaming hobbies, so i still suck big time.
but,
i have a few opinions.

don't trace.
try to eyeball shit consistently, while looking up tips on sight sizing or construction so that those book lessons will eventually click for you, since usually they don't make sense to a noob at first.

read loomis,hampton, all the greats mentioned in the /ic/ BOARD sticky.
AVOID the /beg/ sticky, there's some weird shill ops going on and the creator of it can't draw and doesn't want to learn to. that board is fun as FUCK and great for confidence boosts, seeing the terrible scribbles and the schizos flinging shit, beauty. also, there are the occasional decent humans and great artists that post there from time to time. you just need a strong filter.

don't steal.
you're just cheating yourself.
i am under the assumption you're interested in drawing because you like drawing. straight up tracing and posting it as your own is just a waste of time, you are just fooling people who don't matter to your cause and final goal: improvement.
it's fine to eyeball someone's work or copy for learning, but what's the point if you trace, anyone who says you're learning is coping. but don't care too much either way.

draw/paint in both traditional and digital whenever possible.
digital isn't even real lmao.
but it's fun and easier and both mediums help eachother out.

don't use stabilizers.
almost self explanatory, it's pussy shit and it's embarrassing to know some people actually use it.

never fully listen to anyone's art advice if they don't post their work.
even if they do, grain of salt. most art weirdos have some form of mental illness, avoid the discords/communities, unless you don't mind totem-of-power clique systems that have absolutely no correlation with skill level.

filter namefags/ tripfags esp me, only got one cause impersonation finally occurred

draw

Attached: zzxxccvv.jpg (1445x1700, 2.1M)

Just trace.

Draw from life
Copy artists you enjoy like if you were drawing from life
Keep a scrap book with pictures, poses props, compositions etc that you find interesting
Use references as much as possible.

Attached: 1642801386759.png (250x250, 100.9K)

Fuck off /ic/

Always steal. Always copy. You will never be good.