Why didn't Brave catch on as well as other Disney films, Any Forums?

Why didn't Brave catch on as well as other Disney films, Any Forums?

Attached: brave.jpg (1280x720, 140.72K)

7 million.
never leave the cave without it.

Brave really missed out by not making a Scots dub or a Scots Gaelic dub. I mean even the Lion King had a pointless Zulu dub.

Stronk, bitchy, need no man, action girls have not and will never catch on. Can poison a girls mind, but it won't make them open their purse

It's too gay and not in a good way

I loved this movie. It was what made me want to live in the rural Scotland or some other Celtic country. Bonus if you get a red head thick-accent gf. Fucking peak comfy.

Attached: 5A68008A-ABDC-4519-8969-967E4C66FBA7.jpg (1079x720, 149.09K)

Since the villain was pretty much a blank slate, there wasn't much dramatic tension.

It wasn't very good.

Try visiting lesser known Celtic regions like Galicia, Cantabria, Asturias, and TrĂ¡s-os-Montes. They are more rural than Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Cornwall, the Isle of Man, and Brittany.

i liked it. Prince of Egypt director making a Pixar film was interesting

>Movie about Scots
>Not lovable drunk Irish
There is your problem. You wanna make a movie about drunk, violent, red headed people.

>directed and story written by Brenda Chapman
>produced by Katherine Sarafian
it's definitely a feminist movie, maybe more than Frozen (which was produced by a guy)

I like Brother Bear but we didn't need Brother Bear II and this movie most certainly didn't need to be Mother Bear. Like Doug put it, this could've been a Miyazaki inspired film about a scottish princess running through cool landscapes, and they fucking blew it. We all know why though, the change in director and all. But I highly doubt the movie ever was what people wanted it to be.

They tried to push that the "villain" was this big, scary bear (which isn't interesting), when the REAL villains were parental expectations and societal gender roles (which is even less interesting).

The real villain was the mouse for not letting the original vision come through.

Main character is fucking ugly.

Boring as fuck.

Nope, she's cute

because it was an actively bad movie

it was still better than Madagascar 3, Ice Age 4 and Hotel Transylvania that same year, or Kung Fu Panda 2 and Cars 2 a year before (especially Panda 2 since that was a scam)

i can understand liking Transylvania more tho. It's funnier and has Mavis as a single

hotel transylvania was fucking kino

>Panda 2 was a scam
Elaborate?

it's an unfunny 81 mins snorefest. Trash storyline

Kung Fu Panda 2'is one of the most boring animated films in history

Rent free

It's just kind of mid. It didn't live up to Pixar's reputation at the time. It would be much better received today.

Actually it CAN catch on, but you need to attach the bitchy stronk womyn with no charisma to a male franchise or a group of popular male characters. Think like Gamora from Guardians of the Galaxy. No one likes the stone face bitch. I remember how during an event for the preparation of the sequel movie no one cheered when the actress for Gamora showed up while people cheered for Matt Pratt and even Rocket's voice actor. It really goes to show that these forced resting bitch face strong women trash characters can only find success when they are piggybacking off larger male characters. On their own? They fail.

As for Brave this movie had a protagonist who is the main villain of the entire story. Difficult to like her. And funny enough Pixar repeated Brave recently with Turning Red, the difference is this in Brave the mother character is a victim and likable. In Turning Red? Both the daughter and mother are piles of shit.

Even if it's bait I hate americans, go watch Thor or something

No offense bro, but when was the last time any of these companies made an actual masculine themed movie? Or a movie that's male friendly? Even a recent movie like Bad Guys? It just HAD to have the obligatory Female Mary Sue who shows up the men. Think the last time I saw a male friendly film was freaking Rango and that's an old flick.

That seems to be an obsession with western studios, they just love UGLY art styles. Even worse when they do melodrama with such ugly and stupid looking characters.

Fucking faggots

Attached: kung fu retard.png (1024x923, 2.11M)

The Kung Fu Panda movies are all shit. The idea of an obese Gary Stu beating all types of villains is simply trash even for fiction. Really hate how Po masters everything without even trying while the other characters who waste years of their lives mastering their trade become losers.