Batflek doesn't wanna come back except to do minor things

>Batflek doesn't wanna come back except to do minor things
>Henry Cavill was willing to come back but they didn't ask him back and their relationship is stained
>Ray Fisher DEFINITELY doesn't wanna come back
>Wonder Woman 1984 was a flop and wasn't well received
>Amber Heard controversy staining Aquaman, that's Meera pretty much done
>Ezra Miller is batshit
>Can't release Flash movie so you can't soft reboot it which would have probably confused people anyways
>Michael Keaton is probably gonna go fuck this at this point seeing as everything he's in is either cancelled or on hiatus or gonna be taken out
>Black Adam's trailers are getting lukewarm responses
>Shazam is just.. there
>No Snyder
>Divided fandom with half of them wanting Snyder back and wanting THAT universe not what we have now.
>Batgirl cancelled
>Literally everything on hold due to the Ezra situation
>Forever stained and unestablished due to its past movies

Do you just say fuck it at this point and just straight up hard reboot and recast everyone? It doesn't matter if some things were well received by audiences like Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman and Jason Momoa's Aquaman, just hard reboot. This cherry picking to keep stuff in some universe reboot isn't gonna work.

Attached: dceu.png (1329x553, 264.25K)

again, why do they like batflek so much?
the dark knight was the one people liked

When did the narrative become WB not wanting Henry Cavil? I thought it was the other way around. For years he was doing everything but DC and it seemed like he wanted nothing to do with it. Is this just WB shifting the narrative?

As a topic this is extremely stale. The Batman series is good, Aquaman is good, that's fine. Other shit will fall in place, or it won't.

I think Shazam might turn out fine. Are they keeping the same staff?

Bale won’t return without Nolan and he dislikes putting Batman in a shared universe.

Cavil refused to come back in a reduced role, but does want to make a sequel. He just doesn’t want to be the 30 second cameo guy unless they have a long term plan. He also wanted a better contract

>When did the narrative become WB not wanting Henry Cavil?
Around the time they rejected the pitch for a cavill superman movie ajd then immediately annouced a recast would he my guess

They don't want another Superman movie they just want Superman to appear in other movies which Cavill doesn't want.

I think it'll be fine but nothing amazing. A bit like the first Shazam where its mostly "Yeah it was pretty good." but nothing more as a response

Not that anyone gives a shit but here’s what I’d do.
>MCU is waning in popularity so put the idea of a shared universe on the back burner
>give Superman The Batman treatment, ie a stand-alone movie without winks or nods to a greater DCU (not a dark and gritty thing)
>everyone still associated with the Snyderverse (Wonder Woman, aquaman, Flash) gets out on the shelf for a few years
>Cut any and all references to the greater DCU in Black Adam and tell Mr Rock to stop saying ‘the hierarchy of the DCU is about to change’. If that movie is to have any chance it needs to be as far from the shared universe shit as possible
>give Green Lantern a movie again without winks or nods to the greater DCU
>if those work out reboot Flash from the ground up
>if that works out bring back Gadot for a Justice League movie starring her and the standalone movie actors but years and years down the line if at all

Ben Affleck is a good actor and his Bruce was damn good

I think this is a good point. Its not just superhero movies that are dying but shared universes too. The content got too overwhelming. Standalones are the way to go now and whats in trend.

As good as Dark Knight's?

I’ve been saying for a while they need a complete ground up reboot but as long as Shazam and Aquaman were big hits they probably weren’t going to.
What they should do is use Batman as a start up for a new universe. Let Reeves and Pattinson finish their trilogy up and then either keep Pattinson or get a new actor to play Batman but make it absolutely clear this is meant to be the same character. Then do a superman trilogy then do a wonder woman trilogy and then make a team up with all three characters in it.

Problem is even if they did listen to fans by the time they finally get all their ducks in a row the comic book movie bubble will probably have popped and it will bomb just like the first attempt did just for entirely different reasons.

>What they should do is use Batman as a start up for a new universe.

No, what they should do is let all this shit settle for a minute while company restructures and actually develop what their path forward is going to be. Just forcing crap and trying make it work is why it is in the current state.

They need to accept Shazam and Aquaman are part of a shit universe and just hard reboot it all. Yes they were diamonds in the rough but fuck it, doing this picking and choosing what to keep from the DCEU and doing a quasi-reboot where some things happened and some things didn't is gonna further confuse and alienate audiences. They have to start from scratch.

They're at least going to give Shazam a trilogy because it was a hit with critics and unlike Aquaman or flash didn't cost that much to make.

>Literally everything on hold due to the Ezra situation
Joker 2 is still a-go.
>yfw Joker becomes the founding stone of the new DCEU

I think the current problem with shared universes right now is that there's simply too much content coming out now for people to keep up. Look at it this way
>MCU Phase 1 is 6 movies across 5 years and meant to establish the world and the core Avengers cast
>Phase 2 is another 6 films across 3 years that ads onto what's already been established while branching off into new directions with Antman/GOTG
>Phase 3 is 11 films across 4 years that introduces a ton of new shit (Spider-Man, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel) but still acts as a capstone to the previous two phases
>Phase 4 is 7 films, 7 live action shows, and a cartoon series released across 2 years that is completely all over the place in the "story" it's trying to tell (Is it about expanding on already established characaters like Black Widow, Spider-Man, and Thor? Is it about what life is like post-Thanos as seen in F&TWS/Hawkeye/? Is it about the Multiverse as seen in Wandavision/Loki/What If...?/Multiverse of Madness? Is it about exploring the unexplored parts of the MCU like the Djinn in Ms Marvel, the Egyptian pantheon in Moon Knight, the Eternals?).

The key to a connected shared universe is to have your timeline be as linear as possible and to stick to just one form of media. Don't do stupid shit like waiting for a character to be dead to go and make a movie about them, and don't force plot elements into TV shows so audiences who only give a fuck about the movies aren't confused about shit like "Why is Wanda suddenly a bad guy?" Just go from Movie A > Movie B > Movie C to introduce heroes A/B/C, then do a teamup movie, it's that simple.

I think Covid killing off theaters in 2020 leading to a whole year without any MCU content only to be bombarded with all this shit over the span of 2 years is really what's caused people to get MCU fatigue. If Phase 4 was more spread out and had more of a core focus I think people would be less harsh about it.

Attached: 20220724_091044.jpg (1000x750, 275.11K)

I can see them doing a Shazam vs Black Adam film.

Yeah the TV shows have definitely been the biggest mistake they've done.

lol who actually thinks shazam is big enough to sustain a cinematic universe?
and that's not what WB wants, they want a content mill for ez cash but their safe bet Batman v Superman didn't work so now they're fucked.