I've heard that Helluva Boss is super popular in Japan. How do they understand what the characters are saying...

I've heard that Helluva Boss is super popular in Japan. How do they understand what the characters are saying? Most Japs don't speak any English besides hello, how are you and thank you.

Attached: 1659215449206432.png (1689x898, 1.22M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=voYG2NrU5iQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is this show worth watching? The art direction looks shit but it has the VA of raz from psychonauts so I'm partly sold

Why do you care?

stick to one thread, you fucking mong

theres a dub
youtube.com/watch?v=voYG2NrU5iQ

It's entertaining but it didn't keep the promise of a series with super intricate worldbuilding, it's more of a horny slapstick sort of show than anything else. Worth watching if you're desperate for content. Personally, I can get something out of this but not most NuToons these days if that means anything

Its got very nice visuals and the characters can be fun but the humor and dialogue can be really bad sometimes. Like they're trying to write every joke to be a twitter reaction video

WHAT ARE DUBS?
Beibī, watashi o kizutsukenaide
watashi o kizutsukenaide kudasai.

>it didn't keep the promise of a series with super intricate worldbuilding
You're thinking of Hazbin Hotel. Helluva Boss was SUPPOSED to be just silly, horny slapstick adventures with imp assassins that was made in the interim of Hazbin's production.
Snd that's the problem: It has devolved into NOT that. It keeps focusing on this fucking bird every other episode. I don't give a flying fuck about this Goddamned owl, I want to see Millie, Moxxie and Blitz, occasionally Loona, bumbling their way around the living world as they try to perform their job as hitmen from Hell. Why does every show have to have some elongated plot and romance between the absolute most horrible characters?

Really hoping the next episode is less "boo hoo, this poor fucking gay bird" and more comedy and killing.

Millie is cute

Next episode will be someone elses backstory
Probably moxxie and the 'tell your dad im a salesman' guy
Millie is the trad wife you'll never have

Eh, that stuff's not exactly my favorite either. Would rather have Stolas than wack "in the human world!" adventures if I'm being honest

Stolas can't be violent and cool for most part. His coming to Earth was cool but then deflates the intimidation value in seconds. The show can't have masculine males do cool things unless it is Striker and Blitzo, even then the latter is such an obnoxious faggot I just want to see someone take a lead pipe to his family jewels until it breaks.

The written can be fine but only episodes 2,3 and 5 I can listen to without cringing. Mostly because Blitzo's need to be the "funny, kooky and cool MC self-insert for Rodgers to jerk off to." Rather than bumble-fucking his way to succeeding through dumb luck. Those episodes had someone who would be willing to verbally tape his trap shut by hitting him where it hurts.

I'll never have a wife period unfortunately

I really just wanted the show to be more panty and stocking like in episode 3 and 5, much less of well animated new family guy and bojack horseman.

The swearing and vulgarity does not contain inherent humor. It is the taboo, delivery and timing that is funny. Charlie does not swear much which is what makes it humorous when she says "your sketchy as fuck" to Alastor since he is an unpredictable serial killer, so her profanity is justified. Blitzo and his ex bitching back and forth was funny because they were acting like drag queens arguing and he is talking smack to the Hell equivalent of Britney Spears who he railed apparently.

I disagree but I also think it would have been better if they had gone that route from the start instead of doing it halfway through the first season. Would at least have kept the tone more consistent instead of having it flip-flop between wacky hijinks and super serious personal drama with almost no in-between.

My take on the fact Blitzo and Verosika had sex.

Attached: FE6C8A68-A346-494A-BC3D-22E881C9F0D1.jpg (876x519, 143.97K)

I can't buy Blitzo being a good boyfriend for a minute at this point. So the idea that Verosika was at all shocked that he fucked her over is pretty absurd.

He acts like such a flaming homosexual that I thought they were highschool friends or bullies towards one another and one fucked the other's boyfriend. Also the way they interacted was like something out of the backstage hostility on Ru Paul's Drag Race. That is the kind of vitriol they exhumed not ex's that fucked.

Allegedly his johnson is supposed to be big enough for a 10 foot tall owl man who probably uses XXL bad dragon toys. How Blitzo fits that in his pants I am unsure. It would make more sense if he was great with his tongue and understood the anatomy of people amazingly, it would make being an assassin much easier if you knew which nerve being struck makes victims easier to kill.